Senior Corporate Counsel at Expedia Group
At Expedia Group, M&A is in our DNA. We’ve done some of the most transformative deals in travel and technology, from the spinoff of TripAdvisor, to our acquisitions of iconic brands like Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Vrbo/HomeAway, and trivago, to our investments in international players such Traveloka and Despegar, leading OTAs in Asia and Latin America. We also lead for legal on IPOs such as trivago and Despegar. This is an outstanding opportunity for you to join our multifaceted M&A team as Senior Corporate Counsel!
At Expedia Group, outstanding M&A lawyers must not only deftly handle the technical aspects of M&A, they must have an informed opinion on both legal and business issues and efficiently communicate and partner with Corporate Development and the C-suite on all aspects of transactions.
What You'll Do
- Analyzing and crafting efficient transaction structures, working arm in arm with our Corporate Development, tax, accounting and other functional teams.
- Negotiating a wide range of M&A documents, from NDAs to acquisition agreements and everything in between.
- Spearheading legal due diligence and post-acquisition legal function integrations.
- Counseling on special projects, including high value strategic partnerships and commercial transactions.
- Counseling the broader organization and business leaders on commercial and regulatory issues, including antitrust and competition law, corporate matters, securities laws, and financial and tax regulations.
- Managing and interfacing with outside counsel, including managing a legal budget.
Who You Are
- 6-10+ years of complex cross-border M&A experience at a top national law firm; in-house experience a plus
- Track record of establishing positive relationships with clients and colleagues
- Sound and practical business judgment, including comfort managing ambiguity
- Ability to work on a wide range of mission-critical projects with minimal direction involving a large number of partners, including the C-suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
- Excellent academic credentials
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.