Trade Advisory Associate at Flexport (Seattle, WA)
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,700+ Flexporters across 17 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Trade Advisory Associate to join our Trade Advisory team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping our clients navigate the complex web of global trade alongside some of the smartest people in the advisory, customs and logistics industries as we collectively challenge the status quo and reduce friction in global trade.You will:
- Do whatever it takes to help our clients to resolve trade related questions and problems.
- Research trade related matters such as tariff classification, valuation, country of origin, trade remedies, and free trade agreements.
- Prepare client deliverables including memos and presentations.
- Monitor client deadlines and prepare submissions to CBP.
- Maintain active communication with clients, CBP and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively stay informed on the latest CBP and OGA regulations, ruling issuances, and industry trends that are relevant to our clients.
- Take ownership of preparing internal and external trade related communications.
- Support Trade Advisory infrastructure and administrative requirements.
- Licensed Customs Broker highly desirable, J.D. or graduate degree preferred
- Trade compliance experience working in house, at customs brokerage, or at a consulting firm preferred.
- Strong writing skills.
- A fundamental understanding of tariff classification, valuation, duty minimization and avoidance strategies, government regulations and rulings, and other trade information.
- Ability to navigate complex rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented with superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite and Google equivalents.
- Mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.