Communications and PR Leader at Karat
Interviews are the connective tissue between people and opportunity. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.Marketing at Karat
We are looking for a Communications and PR Leader who will generate awareness of Karat and Interview Engineering. The successful candidate be a natural-born storyteller. They will think and act both strategically and tactically, from developing high-level brand narratives and thought leadership to writing blogs and contributing to Karat’s social media presence.Core Responsibilities
- Brand -- Own the creation and implementation of messaging platforms, external messaging execution, and brand narratives including employer brand
- PR/Media relations -- Create and uncover coverage opportunities for Karat’s broader company story and develop specific opportunities to bolster our events, research, and other announcements
- Speaking opportunities and awards -- Pitch and place Karat thought leaders in relevant speaking opportunities and awards
- Social media -- Manage social media posting, engagement, and participation in online communities
- Executive platform development -- Work with Karat co-founders to develop and their thought leadership platforms and execute on content development to support it
- Content strategy -- Own and manage the content engine that develops a regular drum-beat of blog content, white papers, and more
- Influencer/analyst relations -- Identify and develop relationships with influencers and analysts that will support
- Provide crisis communications and internal communications support as needed
- 6 years+ in communications and PR for high ACV B2B enterprise startup, growing the communications function from the ground up OR 3 years+ in an agency and 3 years+ in a high ACV enterprise startup
- Demonstrated track record of securing media coverage
- Have a very high bar for your own work as well as the results of the work you participate in and lead
- Comfortable with owning and delivering on KPIs
- Demonstrated strong writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with others in a way that supports and builds company culture, while aiding in the success of the team
- Passionate about the universal and very human experience of interviewing
- Experience in communications and PR with primary audience of engineering leaders and developers
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.