Customer Marketing Manager at Expedia Group
Customer Marketing Manager
Expedia Group is looking for an experienced customer centric Marketing Manager to join our Outbound Marketing team (OBM) focused on the strategy and execution of purposeful and cohesive marketing communications to help people go places. In this role, you will be a key member of the worldwide marketing team responsible for executing Expedia's global email programs, managing the customer lifecycle and developing of emerging marketing channels.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing, you will run global marketing campaigns following an analytical scientific process. Your campaign management will begin with assessment of your customer and will involve collaboration with others in campaign design and utilize personalization and data science, and involves rigorous test & learn, campaign analytics and partner reporting with an eye towards automation and global scalability while retaining local relevance. In addition, you will cultivate functional subject matter expertise to contribute across the team and manage specific internal colleague relationships.
Are you a strategic inspiring leader and strong collaborator who can balance creativity with strong analytics skills? Are you data driven and results focused, able to roll up your sleeves to get things done while constantly striving for better, and above all exudes a passion for our customers? If so, consider Expedia Group.
What you will do:
Outbound Marketing Strategy
• You will develop a data-informed understanding of customer needs across the customer lifecycle
• Collaborate multi-functionally to ensure a cohesive experience for customers across all touch points
• Team with data science resources in the development of predictive models
• You'll manage global direct marketing campaigns across multiple mediums (e.g. email, sms, push)
• Ensure that communications are purposeful, cohesive and locally relevant while achieving operating use through global scalability
• Maintain a backlog of test & learn hypotheses; prioritizing, planning, executing & measuring tests to further enhance the customer experience
• You will Manage relationships with assigned ecommerce, merchandising and product teams
• Ensure cross-team alignment on priorities, efficient knowledge sharing, and collaboration to drive business value
• Monitor ongoing channel performance from the lens of the partner and provide regular reporting on results with actionable analysis
Marketing Capabilities and Automation
• You'll partner with Email Operations to create new processes and solutions to automate and improve personalization of emails
• Develop and scale content sources including integration of internal and external APIs
Who you are:
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree
• You possess 5+ years’ relevant experience in direct/database marketing, CRM, merchandising, or ecommerce product management
• You represent a unique combination of creativity, analytical skills and discipline to follow the scientific method for test & learn
• You maintain quantitative skills – experience pulling, manipulating, and deriving insight off of data; Prior experience with SQL, Jira and Confluence highly desired
• You have experience with development and implementation of complex testing plans, which is a plus
• You are conscientious and believe that details matter deeply
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. As the world's travel platform, we're made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.