Customer Strategy Associate
As all New Engen employees already know, we work in a complex industry! Buyers of New Engen’s capabilities expect to have visibility into our technical expertise and customized solutions. There exists a need to have marketing experts who support our sales team in winning new business. That’s where you come in. This Customer Strategy team sits in the middle of performance marketing, sales, and marketing. It is their role to understand how to translate our market position and value props into marketing tactics and strategies, as well as communicate complex strategies for prospective clients in a digestible way to executive stakeholders & decision makers. All in all, it this team’s job to help build and articulate solutionsthat align with prospective client needs and resonate with our buyers during the sales process.
The Customer Strategy team’s primary role is to engage alongside the sales leads on new business development. CS’s engagement point in the sales process ranges from the discovery stage of lead (post qualification) through the pitch. You will act as a technical expert that works alongside the sales team in the following ways:
- Lead qualification - works to understand previous and future investment in paid digital marketing channels, approximates staffing needs, and channel growth opportunities
- Discovery calls - works with sales to ask technically-focused questions about prospective client’s digital marketing programs. Goal is to uncover program maturity level, perceived obstacles and unique business challenges, history of engagement with PMPs and MarTech, etc.. These findings are directly applied to building a customized pitch story.
- Pitch prep – audit prospective client’s marketing accounts, build opportunity assessment based on audit findings, customize solution makeup given partner needs and New Engen’s capabilities. Tangibly, this will be synthesized into sections of a power point deck that is delivered in the pitch.
- Pitch - present New Engen’s customized capabilities that align with the prospective client’s goals. Articulate vision for their current program’s state and how New Engen would take them to the next level. Pitches will be conducted via phone or in-person, depending on size of deal and scheduling.
- Post-pitch - engage with sales to provide ad hoc analysis, POVs on business challenges, forecasting, etc.
Your secondary role on the Customer Strategy team is to translate what you are seeing tactically on the PMT side into sales materials and story narratives, as well as the reverse; translate what you are hearing resonate in-market with prospective clients into marketing content. Part of this work will be to work with PMT on cross-client initiatives and research, developing case studies and POVs on tactics, strategies, and technology. And working with the sales and marketing teams to build collateral that help showcase our deep marketing expertise.
Helpful Skills and Characteristics
- 1-3+ years of digital marketing experience
- Excellent communication abilities (especially ability to translate complex strategies and tactics to sr. level marketers)
- Deep strategic and technical expertise on 2+ digital channels (SEM, Shopping, Display, Paid Social, OTT, etc.); willingness to learn the others
- Has design competencies for PowerPoint deck building
- Exceptional at quick excel analysis
- Enjoys finding creative ways to present data
- Ability to travel up to 40% during peak lead periods