Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Kirkland, Washington. This is an
amazing city 6.4 miles East of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake
Washington. We also have offices in Beijing, Tianjin, and Shenzhen China.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products
accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use. We partner with
our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time.
We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home
products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
This role is based full-time in Kirkland and we are happy to help new folks relocate to this
Why You Will Make an Impact!
Community Vision & Mission
Wyze is a customer-oriented IoT lifestyle company seeking to make too-good-to-be-true
products accessible for everyone. The community provides the voice for the customer
and a resource for creativity and support.
Provide an inclusive and safe space for customers to feel empowered to explore and
understand technology. We want to encourage them to learn, share, and connect with
fellow community members and the Wyze team while building trust and communication
A Look Inside the Role…
One of the most enduring mottos of Wyze is to be friends with our customers. The
Community Team has a great passion and deep love for our community. We nurture
and form lasting relationships between Wyze and our customers. Many of these
customers become regulars that you will become familiar with over a period of months
This team functions as the voice of the customer and passes information
between the community and appropriate Wyze teams. Strong empathy with solid
boundaries are key traits for any person joining this team. Team members will
need the ability to separate acute customer frustration from their perception of the
customer as a whole. Many of our strongest supporters were once unsatisfied
customers needing to be heard. Part of the role is maintaining a platform for customers to
provide feedback that can help Wyze improve our products and services.
The Community Team facilitates communication both externally and internally with
engagement-heavy roles. Our consistent work with different Wyze teams allows us the
scope to facilitate discussion about upcoming projects with aligned or conflicting
directions. Often, the Community Team is in a position to speak about how company
decisions will or have been affecting the community. The ability to analyze trends and
represent them accurately while in multi-department discussions is necessary.
We are looking for people passionate about Wyze’s vision of making smart tech for
everyone and democratizing the industry. The ideal candidate would already have genuine interest in technology and consumer gadgets and feel comfortable using smart tech in their own home (including smart cameras and speakers). The Community Team engages in basic troubleshooting online and all members are required to have at least a basic understanding of how our products are intended to function. This allows them to help resolve issues as well as identify and report bugs.
You already have these qualifications and love what you do!
● Empathy while maintaining boundaries
● Demonstrated response efficiency
● Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration
● Strong ownership of cross-functional projects
● Distinguishing escalation situations
● Prioritizing tasks and delivering timely results
● Ability to perform basic troubleshooting for products and services
● Ability to respond appropriately to social media posts
● Understanding and engaging in community platform culture
● Recognizing community guideline violations
● Maintaining the approved Wyze voice and tone
● Excellent grasp of English with minimal errors
Bonus points if you can say yes to any or all of the following:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, or other relevant fields
● Experience managing community platforms (1+ years of consistent work)
● Contributing to community growth and health initiatives
● Working with and nurturing community volunteers
● Experience mediating conflict between community members
● Prioritizing necessary work during emergencies
● Responding effectively to major community guideline violations and emergencies
● Analyzing and reporting community metrics
● Experience in beta programs, user surveys, security and privacy
If a candidate has the required skills but not the desired skills, they may be considered for the Digital Community Specialist position with the opportunity to work toward the Digital Community Manager role over time and with the support of the rest of the team.
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze, then we
want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed LinkedIn profile and tell
us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the amazing things
you can do.
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We believe that it’s a core part of being Wyze.
Read Full Job Description