Build the future, spark innovation and align your career with purpose.
McKinstry is innovating the waste and climate harm out of the built environment and creating lasting impact. Together, we’re building a thriving planet.
Buildings are a leading contributor to the climate crisis, generating nearly 40% of total global energy-related carbon emissions. We’re making a lasting impact on our industry and within our communities by addressing the climate, affordability and equity crises through:
- renewables and energy services
- engineering and design
- construction and facility services
To get where we’re going, we need big thinkers, problem solvers and collaborative mindsets. Does that sound like you?
The Opportunity with McKinstry
McKinstry is seeking a Digital Content Creator/Senior Communications Specialist to join our growing external communications team. This role will focus on developing photo and video content to support our sales and talent acquisition goals.
You will work cross-functionally to conceptualize, capture and deliver digital content across a diverse range of storytelling with the aim of driving social media growth and website development. Ideally, you've led social media and website content creation from concept to publishing with clear results; you have a love for creative storytelling through photo and video; are passionate about digital marketing creative trends; and are collaborative, positive, and curious. Additional responsibilities include:
- You know how to tell stories on any platform that drive meaningful engagement
- You have an outstanding portfolio of work that reflects proficiency shooting and editing photography and video assets for marketing campaigns.
- You can create photo and video content in a quick moving environment.
What You Need to Succeed at McKinstry:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience shooting and editing photo and video professionally for marketing teams.
- Experience taking a content creator approach for website and social media visual storytelling.
- Strong understanding of both established and emerging digital platforms.
- The ability to evaluate and guide creative content development.
- The ability to communicate effectively both up and down a creative organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including, but not limited to, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
When it comes to the basics, we have you covered:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with employer match and profit-sharing plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision with low or zero deductible options and low out of pocket maximums
People come first at McKinstry, and we go beyond the basic benefits with:
- Family formation benefits, including adoption and IVF assistance.
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave.
- Transgender inclusive benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Pet insurance
- “Building Good” paid community service time.
- Learning and advancement opportunities via McKinstry University.
- McKinstry Moves onsite gyms or reimbursement for remote workers.
See benefit plan documents for complete details.
If you’re driven by our vision to build a thriving planet together, McKinstry is the place to build your career.
The pay range for this position is $58,410 - $94,100 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location. A bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.