Director of Product Marketing
SkyKick is a fast-growing pioneer in the cloud market and has won numerous awards from Microsoft Partner of the Year to Red Herring Top 100 North America. Our mission is to build SaaS products that solve the IT industry's cloud challenges. Our products are 100% partner channel focused and have helped over 20,000 global partners build successful cloud businesses by making it easy to move, backup, and manage their customers in the cloud. The SkyKick Cloud Automation Platform was recently voted #1 by IT Service Providers for its technical robustness, partner-friendly experience and material impact on partner profitability.
Our culture empower leaders company-wide to develop solutions that are changing expectations. We love the new scale opportunities that come with our growth and would love to share this amazing journey with more passionate people!
We are an international company headquartered in Seattle, WA and as a 100 Best Company in Washington, we offer a competitive comp and benefits package, along with great perks! SkyKick is a proud equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit www.skykick.com.
About the Role
SkyKick is in search of a seasoned marketer to join our team as a Director of Product Marketing. Your role will span initiatives across Product Marketing Strategy, Messaging and GTM execution.
You have a demonstrated track record of planning and implementing thoughtful marketing strategies that effectively position products, resonate with various customer personas, and ultimately accelerate sales. You are highly analytical - always eager to use data for continuous improvement, and favor data-informed decision-making.
You are passionate, creative and relentless, with the ability to seamlessly move between strategy and tactical execution. Demonstrated hands-on ability to push through a range of marketing programs in an entrepreneurial environment.
Above all, you are passionate about simplifying the complex and excited to catalyze the next wave of innovation in cloud computing and the IT solution space. You will use your varied experiences to earn trust with Product teams and then use your Product Marketing craft to translate the product innovation into GTM programs that amplify sales. You are genuinely passionate about helping a large and growing community of global IT solution providers to build more successful cloud practices with the SkyKick platform.
What you'll be doing:
Planning & Strategy
- Contribute market, audience and competitive insights that help clarify product direction and GTM business strategy.
- Create product marketing strategy (positioning, value-prop, messaging framework, content and distribution architecture) in partnership with internal teams, senior leadership and strategic external partners.
- Build communication plans and distribution strategies / plans that scale across key SkyKick and third party channels (PR, website, blog, social media etc.).
- Be an agent of market insight within the company. Keep abreast of channel / industry news, partner ecosystem business models, competitive landscape and beyond.
- Create a framework to measure ROI effectiveness of all assigned marketing programs, track results and continually optimize programs
Execution, Programs & Systems
- Use your Product Marketing craft to turn strategy into succinct, evocative content BOM that engages the audience, changes perceptions and accelerates purchase. Plan and produce a variety of content, including but not limited to product marketing content, sales enablement TCO/ROI aids, channel to-customer content, competitor battlecards and case studies
- Execute to and thru partner marketing campaigns across channels / media
- Earn trust with and support field sales organization in effective usage of sales assets
- Collaborate with internal marketing and external teams to support brand and sales success at key partner events and industry conferences
- Collaborate on management of partner lead generation programs
Above all, always think like a leader and demonstrate genuine passion for bringing the innovation and value of the SkyKick Cloud Automation Platform to ever increasing numbers of IT solution providers.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing, Product Management or Business Strategy roles.
- 4+ years in a B2B Product Marketing Capacity, preferably in a technical product area. Bonus points for experience in both Incubation and mature-stage products.
- Experience with Channel Marketing programs, especially in the IT Managed Service Provider (MSP) space is a plus.
- Demonstrated record of thinking strategically, always backed by a bias for execution. Ability and passion to roll up sleeves and hands-on drive a significant quantity of high-quality content. Very strong writing and content creation skills are vital, as are strong execution and project management discipline.
- This is a senior growth-track role with people management potential. Prior successful people management experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with various stakeholders internally and externally. Executive-level presentation skills.
- Highly analytical and comfortable working with data. You live by the dictum – what gets measured, gets done.
- MBA highly desirable, but not a barrier for exceptional candidates