We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport holds a special place in the competitive landscape for logistics and technology. People know we do things differently. We’re looking for an Events Manager to create experiences for our clients, prospects, partners and employees that reflect that.
As Events Manager, you’ll develop our experiential strategy, manage our participation at trade shows and other events, and produce our flagship annual user conference Forward. You’ll do all this together with your teammates in Community, the larger Global Brand team, as well as strong agency support.
In Global Brand, our explicit mandate is to drive long-term company value by protecting, promoting and evolving the Flexport brand. That said, we’re not afraid of generating some leads either. A great experience does both. You’ll apply your expertise in events, field and/or demand marketing, your understanding of what drives our audiences, and the analytics tools at your disposal to provide confident recommendations on what moves the needle.
- Re-invent our events strategy from the ground up, soliciting inputs from sales teams, subject matter experts and brand leaders. In a post-Covid world, what works?
- Create and deliver incredible experiences that delight our customers, prospects, partners and employees and build and influence pipeline.
- Produce our full calendar of events from idea to execution, such as speaking opps for our subject matter experts (in partnership with Comms); Flexport appearances or booths at trade shows and conferences (in partnership with Sales); and owned events such as Forward (in partnership with everyone).
- Make us smarter with every experience. You’ll do in-depth event evaluation, including surveys, and ROI analysis.
- Organized. You know how to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and competing priorities to create an actionable plan and get the most impactful work done.
- A self-starter who rolls up their sleeves and jumps on opportunities when you see them
- A true team player. You think across the full spectrum of channels available to us in Brand - a great talk at your event probably also makes for a great blog post.
- Data driven. You seek out data to inform your approach and constantly iterate on what you’re doing based on what’s working and what’s not.
- A sixth sense for the little touches and big ideas that make an experience special.
- A BA/BS or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of experience in events, field and/or demand marketing for B2B companies, with hands-on experience planning and running events.
- Lots of experience managing budgets, workflows and results in tools like Excel/Google Sheets and Salesforce. Bonus points if you’re speak Jira.
- The option to travel up to 25% of your time and to support evening / weekend events as necessary (within reason).
- A knack for building relationships at a distance; you’ll have stakeholders and vendors all over the country and we don’t want you to live on a plane.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Don’t worry, you won’t need to become the world’s expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). We’ll look to you to apply your deep understanding of how experiences can help a brand stick and stand out in a complex - and sometimes, chaotic - industry.
It’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.