Manager of Communications, eCP at Expedia Group
Expedia Group’s e-Commerce Platform (eCP) is at the heart of travel. eCP’s technology and operations platforms power online travel worldwide. Our technology teams are diverse – building and maintaining foundational systems and infrastructure that enable booking, changing, and cancelling travel transactions. Our business operations include customer care, global payments, and security.
As a Manager of Communications, you will spearhead employee communication efforts to drive the strategic vision and business goals of eCP. If you desire to drive best in class strategic employee communications for one
of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic industries of travel and technology, consider Expedia.
What You Will Do
- You develop and produce content that delights our employees, with a global lens to amplify employee engagement with our strategy
- You develop strategies to achieve employee communication and engagement targets, ensuring effective flow of information
- You drive communication that inspires change in service of our business goals
- You champion opportunities to showcase our strategy and support our values through internal campaigns you imagine and drive
- You recommend practical communications solutions to accelerate strategy execution
- You lead by example to develop and share standard methodologies that inspire others to communicate exceptionally
- You collaborate effectively across all levels, job functions and locations of the organization to drive action
Who You Are
- You're an excellent writer and verbal communicator with strong attention to detail
- You creatively and rapidly recommend effective communication strategies and action plans
- Your strong graphic design skills enable you to create visually impactful content
- You demonstrate an ability to work closely across an organization and building strong relationships to get results
- You have a bias to action with a voracious get-it-done attitude
- You are passionate about technology and communicating about highly technical content
- You thrive in high pressure situations and ambiguity
- You're passionate about continuous excellence
- You think creatively and enjoy working independently
- You jump into projects with enthusiasm and curiosity
- You continuously learn and improve
- You motivate colleagues and demonstrate maximum integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years formal communications experience, including 3 years at a large global corporation
- Experience in a technology business, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Experience with graphic design
- Expertise working closely with executives
- Knowledge of and experience with various off and online communications vehicles
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes that our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-CW1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.