Marketing Community and Events Associate
New Engen is looking for a dynamic and high-charged Marketing Community and Events Associate to join our operations team. The Community and Events Associate will develop an ecosystem that builds a community of marketers. In creating the community, this role will develop strategy and execute the tactics to bring New Engen’s mission to life, which is to elevate the marketer. This role will be highly-cross functional, and work with various teams across the organization to understand what problems performance marketers face, and design and execute solutions. The ideal candidate enjoys bringing systems and order to ambiguity, and works well in a cross-functional team environment. The operations team is highly dynamic with constantly shifting projects and priorities – in order to succeed, you must be a quick learner, work well in a fast-paced environment, and ready to take on any challenge thrown your way.
- Become embedded within many of New Engen’s teams to understand the daily challenges performance marketers face, including our internal performance marketing team, product, sales, content and research, and marketing.
- Research and understand what common industry solutions exist to help answer marketers’ questions, and develop recommendations on which tactics New Engen should deploy, and in which areas we should strive to differentiate.
- Own both offline and online community and event initiatives that solve problems for marketers. Example initiatives: building the structure and content for New Engen’s online community, online webinars, creative tactics for responding to online chat requests, generating and executing ideas for podcast series, in-person leadership speaking events, in-person product demos, etc.
- Understand New Engen’s self-service software product, and play a significant role in developing content for New Engen’s self-service marketing platform knowledge base. Create content that describes New Engen product and troubleshooting processes; create, maintain, and edit broader knowledge base articles that will be used by a wide audience with varying skill levels.
- Translate knowledge base documentation into how-to videos.
- Collaborate with other content creators to produce and share content for different mediums (video, blogs, knowledge base, podcasts, newsletter).
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts/product team to understand product functionality and review created content for accuracy in our philosophy and alignment to product functionality.
- Analyze current product documentation to determine usability and make improvements as warranted, and help create training material if necessary.
- Other exciting projects that come up as needed and as the business shifts.
Experience and Mindset:
- 4-6 years of experience in a marketing, operations, content or event planning for a strong B2C or B2B brand.
- At least 1 year of event planning, field marketing, or brand activation experience.
- Customer-centric mentality, ability to understand and diagnose customer experience.
- Experience writing content (e.g. articles, blogs, video scripts, etc.), and ability to translate existing content for other audiences.
- Creativity and out-of-box thinking – can come up with bold ideas for helping New Engen’s customers
- Embraces a “sprint mindset” – this role demands the ability to set strategy and think 1-2 months out, but must be matched with a highly executional mindset that delivers output every week
- The ideal person in this role is unfazed by not being an expert. You are able to assume the perspective of an audience, and ask the right questions to obtain the information you need to craft a story that’s relevant to the audience.
- Positive and solutions-oriented attitude while working in a highly ambiguous environment, strong sense of accountability
- Willingness to occasionally travel to help execute events.
- Can balance multiple initiatives at once, strong communication and organizational skills to align and mobilize multiple teams across the business
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, comfortable presenting in front of groups
- Highly motivated, ability to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Familiar with performance marketing a plus
- Familiarity with self-service software platforms a plus