Public Relations Manager at Expedia Group
At Expedia Group, we have an incredible story to tell – with over 20,000 global employees and millions of prospective employees to share it with.
We are looking for a creative and dynamic comms pro to join our PR and Social team!
The Public Relations Manager for Expedia will be a central figure in engaging key media to craft our story within the U.S. If you are a media relations expert, have a passion to drive outstanding storytelling and to work with one of the most loved travel brands in the world, this is the job for you.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the comms plan to support Expedia in the U.S
- Ensure Expedia is regularly mentioned in consumer media outlets by using your creative muscles and data-mining skills
- Serve as the go-to contact for media and build and cultivate a network of positive media contacts
- Work collaboratively with the global and regional PR and Social Media teams to build consumer communications campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and marketing and product teams to identify proactive media opportunities in response to wider business priorities
- Work with internal spokespeople to ensure readiness for media interviews
What You Bring:
- Demonstrated results working with top tier U.S. media outlets, strong travel contacts a plus
- Experience in data analysis and research, including the ability to synthesize data into logical trends, insights and stories and develop research questions that result in media opportunities
- Utilized a wide array of PR tactics and tools, such as influencer campaigns, sponsored content, and experiential activations
- Comfortable with fast-paced environment and tight deadlines
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills and can lead and drive the roll-out of campaigns autonomously
- Demonstrated experience in highly matrixed organizations a plus
- 3-5 years PR experience in an in-house consumer role or agency environment; consumer product and/or travel industry experience and fast paced environment preferred
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.