Search Editor at Getty Images
The Search Editor role is responsible for both strategically developing and maintaining the controlled vocabulary that serves as the basis for global search of visual content and related search features, as well as engaging in building and maintaining automated, vendor-driven, and manual processes that directly impact the retrieval of content. In addition, this position utilizes various sources to develop and maintain the Getty Knowledge Graph, a knowledge-base of connected information that enhances Getty Image's industry leading search.
This role coordinates with various teams to investigate, plan, act, and report on tasks and projects, putting customer and data-driven impact work at the forefront of improving search for the global customer base.
- Use customer data to develop strategies and prioritization that maximizes how metadata may best serve global customer search within a varied and growing volume of content across the Getty Images sites.
- Generate and improve automated processes to strategically reduce the manual effort of internal users, contributors, and vendors with the aim of reducing time-to-market, improving search accuracy for our global customer base.
- Use customer data and trending sources to target, create, and modify terms within the Getty Images controlled vocabulary tools to support global customer search needs.
- Collaborate with and influence vendors, contributors, and content partners, using data as the base in conveying the 'why' and 'how' of metadata standards through the generation of metadata feedback, keyword trends and tips, and methodology documentation.
- Anticipate and respond to trending data sources, customer feedback, and internal feedback to improve search and workflows.
- Create and update knowledge graph relationships that directly impact the customer experience.
- Identify and communicate recommendations for process and tools improvements.
- Collaborate with team members and various business partners in documenting and distributing best practices, providing training sessions and methodology materials, and generating or collaborating on other materials and resources as needed.
- Provide feedback for impact-driven improvements to tools and workflows as needed, adapting to an evolving tool and resource suite.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years’ experience working with information retrieval systems, focusing on the creation, maintenance, and/or application of complex taxonomies for information retrieval.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment of evolving workflows and tool development.
- Ability to multi-task, flexibly prioritizing many responsibilities while maintaining quality within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of web site search, vocabulary and key-wording methodologies, and search systems within a commercial environment.
- Experience working within a customer-focused environment.
- Demonstrated visual literacy and description skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work successfully within a global team involving regular communication with team members in different time zones.
- Articulate written and verbal communicator.
- Understanding and appreciation of web customer visual information needs and search requirements.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, and creative problem-solver.
- Self-motivated and highly organized individual.
- Computer proficiency with an aptitude for mastering software systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office application knowledge (MS Access, Excel)
- Knowledge of database and linked data querying (MS Access, SQL, SPARQL or similar query language).
- Knowledge of additional languages a plus.
Education and Certifications
Postgraduate degree in Information Sciences (Library and Information Science, Information Management, or equivalent) preferred.