On the SEM team, there are endless opportunities for you to inspire global travelers. If you can analyse data to provide actionable insights and understand how to use this to optimize marketing spend, audience targeting and influence customer behavior this is the right role for you. Our SEM analysts work in agile teams with their own backlogs and work cross-functionally to deliver end-to-end marketing campaigns. You will participate in a highly collaborative environment where marketing, engineering, data science, and product teams partner together and practices such as peer review and testing hypothesis are the norm.
You can tell we work in an environment with a high level of autonomy, visibility, and accountability. We love to test and learn like maniacs and deliver a return on investments. If you enjoy a rapidly changing environment with like-minded, entrepreneurial individuals then join us.
What you'll do
- Support a flexible search marketing portfolio across various lines of product and languages to achieve goals set by the business.
- Use multiple data sources to identify Profit and Loss Statement (P&L) performance anomalies and prioritize work towards optimizing the team’s KPIs
- Present insights to internal audiences in a concise manner and provide relevant recommendations to grow the business globally and mitigate risks.
- Troubleshoot problems going through a Root Cause Analysis process (e.g. "5 Why's")
- Configure and execute existing scripts that automate business processes at a higher velocity.
- Work with the entire SEM Business Operations, Product Management, and Engineering teams as well as other parts of Expedia Group to further optimize business processes using technology solutions.
- Form your own hypotheses and measure the outcome of experiments that improve SEM traffic quality and increase Return on Investment.
- Solve problems proactively and push for positive change. When required, work cross-functionally within the broader organization to improve traveler experience.
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Passion for digital marketing. Experience in digital marketing or internet business and knowledge of consumer behavior in local markets is required.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including data mining and financial analysis.
- Programming skills in Python and SQL are a plus. We are a technology-first company that will take these skills to the next level through training if you are interested.
- Fluency in English and excellent collaboration at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication.
- Critical thinking and self-motivation are essential in this role.
- Active listeners who can entertain multiple points of view, consolidate these ideas to a cohesive and executable plan for team success.
- Responsible and comfortable with accountability.
- Trustworthiness, transparency, and dedication to partnership in a fast-paced environment. We strongly believe in the "One Team" philosophy.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.