Senior Content Marketing Manager
Egencia is rewriting the book on how companies and their employees arrange travel. Backed by one of the world’s largest travel brands - Expedia Group – Egencia operates like an agile and entrepreneurial start-up.
The Egencia brand marketing team helps create and distribute our brand to the world. We are looking for a Senior Content Marketing Manager to build innovative organic social media and content marketing campaigns.
We are seeking an experienced and creative social strategist with a genuine passion for business travel to elevate our organic social media marketing strategy.
You will have a record for delivering results on social campaigns, with the ability to develop strategy from scratch, sell big ideas internally and externally. You possess a knack for multi-tasking, can prioritize with ease, plus have a drive for testing and learning; leading to insight and data-based decisions.
This role requires someone who lives and breathes with their finger on the pulse of what’s trending online, with a specific focus on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
What You Will Do:
- You will own all social content decisions, driving both long-term strategy, pre-planned campaigns and day-to-day editorial decisions. You’ll continuously ideate and innovate within the social media space.
- You will lead our social media guidelines for brand, voice and tone, influencing and monitoring consistency.
- You’ll proactively partner across creative, marketing, commercial and supply teams to deliver high-caliber content marketing campaigns and / or initiatives.
- You will think outside the status quo to creatively identify and execute GTM copy and content marketing standard methodologies and initiatives to support global marketing campaigns.
- Effectively integrate data, both quantitative and qualitative, into copy, planning and problem solving.
- Develop a depth of knowledge of both customer and prospect personas and customer journey, especially on social media. Social listening expertise is a plus.
- Craft appealing, conceptual, concise, easy-to-understand language that is appropriate on a global level, and for multi-language translation.
- Ownership of copy from ideation through to implementation, editing and approvals across marketing materials such as (but not limited to) advertising, branding, digital, sales collateral, social, et.al.
- Collaborate with designers, SEO specialist, digital, demand, customer, and segmentation marketing teams to understand project requirements and technical details to inform creative strategy.
- Deliver results within an agile, iterative, data-focused environment.
- Present to senior leadership regularly on plans and results.
Who You Are:
- You should possess a mastery of language and deep understanding of how design and copy amplify each other into signature moments that delight.
- You have experience defining content strategy, are an idea generator and a hands-on problem solver.
- You bring positive relationship building skills, acute attention to detail, and a passion for growing a discipline are must-have attributes. Individual responsibility is high, and impact is global.
- You are both dedicated and passionate about finding the right word or phrase to convey a concept, but never lose sight of the bigger picture and can quickly weigh the right levels of trade-offs for a given problem.
- You thrive at defining social media and content strategy, and continually tread a path toward effective language, using data and research to analyze problems and structure your decision-making.
- You are willing to teach, ready to learn, and able to convey our brand across influential digital channels.
What You Bring:
- Significant experience in social media strategy, copywriting and content strategy.
- Comfortable making data driven decisions, recommending and implementing strategies that achieve measurable results, driving towards marketing team goals.
- Understand how marketing programs impact the organization health and business at large, and ability to provide detailed analysis of the impact of those results.
- This role will include interaction with local partner and global teams and require a strong ability to communicate with various business and product teams.
- Desire to thrive in the rigors of fast-paced projects and demanding creative environments.
- Continuously seeks to improve process, including quality of program execution.
- Ability to prioritize across multiple deadlines and initiatives with a willingness to ask questions and a desire to communicate effectively with partners.
- Self-directed, organized, efficient: able to lead multiple, complex decisions at once, across multiple teams, and time zones.
- A strong, effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- Authority in language, linguistics, and can express a professional perspective on content standardization / editorial styles.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating your experience working on big brands and taking the impact of organic social media to the next level.
- Commercially-minded: develops authoritative knowledge of industry, competition, and complementary products, and businesses.
- Experience working for a global marketing organization is preferred.
- BA/MA degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.