Senior Internal Communications Manager
ExpediaSenior Internal Communications Manager
At Expedia Group, we believe that our colleagues are at their happiest and most effective when they have the information they need to execute their jobs effectively, and they feel their voices are heard and valued. That’s why we’re opening up this new role within the Expedia Group Lodging Partner Services internal comms team.
As a division, our primary purpose is to help property partners attract diverse travelers and maximize their revenue through our global network of brands, which include Expedia.com®, Hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Venere.com™, Travelocity®, Wotif®, corporate travel management company Egencia®, and the Expedia® Affiliate Network. We achieve this by providing partners with unique market data, an ever-evolving platform, and 24/7 customer service.
This is a global role, working alongside colleagues in Asia Pacific and Europe to shape and share our strategic narrative with over 5,000 employees in 65 locations, and create strong, trusted relationships between leaders and teams.Who you are:
You have a natural flair for communication, combined with experience of developing and implementing internal comms programs. You understand the principles of employee engagement and ensuring that communications achieve the desired effect, and you’re comfortable using that knowledge to advise and support colleagues across the business. In particular, you understand how to gain the trust and respect of senior leaders, and you’re confident in your dynamic ability to consult on internal comms standard methodology in a way that achieves results.
You know how to build and develop a robust internal comms strategy, and which can clearly pinpoint which methodologies are required to bring that strategy to life. You’re a strong writer with a flair for captivating attention and stimulating change through great content, whether that's written materials, videos or imagery, and you can spot a typo at a hundred paces when proofing your teammates’ work.
You enjoy working in a team and collaborating to achieve shared goals, while being self-motivated and able to identify and maximize opportunities. You’re at ease in a fast-paced environment where you interact with colleagues in multiple countries and time zones.Requirements
- At least seven years’ in a communications role, with some specialist internal comms experience
- Confident collaborating with colleagues at all levels of an organization, including working one-to-one with senior leadership on their communications
- An understanding of, and openness towards, different business cultures around the world
- Extraordinary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, equally comfortable presenting in-person and to remote audiences
- Ability to translate technical, complex processes and information into simple, clear communications
- Highly organized with ability to handle and build multiple projects concurrently
- Results focused, with good analytical and reporting skills and the motivation to commit to improvements
- Validated history of making data-driven decisions to inform decision-making
- Able to work independently and take the initiative
- Phenomenal teammate, capable of cross functional collaboration
- Flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly to changing requirements and new challenges
- You will liaise with a wide variety of partners to understand the needs of the business and develop appropriate comms strategies
- You will establish relationships with senior leaders and advise them on engaging with employees through internal comms
- You'll help to define the strategic narrative and bring that to life for employees through creative and dynamic comms activities
- Working with colleagues and agencies to produce compelling content that achieves a clear goal
- Measuring and reporting on the impact of internal comms and making recommendations for change as appropriate
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.