Senior Manager, Communications
Are you passionate about travel and technology? Do you want to grow your influence and impact as a communications expert with a dynamic global brand? Egencia is looking for an experienced Senior Communications Manager to drive exceptional B2B global communications programs in the exciting world of corporate travel.
Egencia -- Expedia Group business travel -- is one of the top Travel Management Companies (TMCs) in the world. We provide innovative business travel solutions in 60+ countries. We have an open, energetic and ambitious culture where outstanding people who share a real passion for technology and travel, can do their best work.
We are seeking an experienced B2B communications professional who is a forward-thinking storyteller, creative player and exceptional writer to join as key member of our marketing team. You will collaborate closely with senior business leaders and executives across the organization to develop and drive overarching communication strategies that truly impact the business. We value elevating brand awareness, driving customer demand and building influence with key business decision makers (BDMS).
If you are an exceptional global communicator, dedicated media practitioner, and a collaborative player who can roll up their sleeves and lead cross-functional teams throughout the organization, this job is for you. This position presents a significant growth opportunity for an individual that thrives in a fast-paced, high-visibility and dynamic environment.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute an overall global communication strategy and plan that elevates and differentiate Egencia in line with business priorities
- Manage and influence senior stakeholders and executives on communications initiatives to ensure the we are telling the strongest stories that meet business needs
- Build relationships across the marketing organization to ensure seamless go-to-market communications strategies and campaigns
- Develop creative stories that engage media and influencers including BDMs, industry analysts and editors globally and build relationships with them
- Ensure our external voice, messaging and identity is consistent, powerful, innovative and impactful across geographies
- Build our ability to react to the external environment to both capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risks
- Manage global public relations firm to ensure high quality of work, consistent brand voice and impactful execution of global programs for the highest return on our investment
- Develop and institute communications protocols, methodologies, and processes to drive greater efficiencies in how we operate
Who You Are:
You are a strategic thinker who is intellectually curious, always searching for the nuggets that are the genesis of great stories. You have a reporter mindset and ask probing questions to get to the heart of what you need. You are dedicated in understanding the business and are continually working hard to uncover new ways to get the company story out there. You have an uncanny knack for getting to the simple idea and translating it into well-written, compelling content that our audiences want to read. You are action and results oriented, yet you’re comfortable working with ambiguity as it arises. You come up with great ideas and know all the steps it takes to move them from concept to launch and over the finish line. You are easy to work with and enjoy being part of a collaborative global team. Nothing rattles you – you handle pressure-filled situations and tight deadlines with calmness and grace.
What You Bring:
- 8 - 10 years PR experience in a corporate or agency environment with 3+ years experience in a senior leadership role (b2b or software industry experience preferred)
- Experience building and driving international integrated communications plans for executive level audiences
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management, including the ability to influence at the executive level
- Experience dealing with high-level issues and crisis management
- Excellent writing skills including messaging, speeches and presentations
- Results-driven with a consistent record of delivering campaigns and launching products that build hyper-scale B2B brands via cross-channel communications and relationship building
- Strong understanding of the global media landscape and what is needed to build stories that engage across geographies
- Top-level critical thinking and planning skills, including ability to set priorities, manageable work-plans and work within budgets
- Fantastic people skills - diplomacy, integrity, and presence that enables you to work effectively at all levels within a large organization
- Thrives in fast-paced culture of change and innovation. You are a self-starter, motivated individual who works well under deadlines. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines. Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, with an ability to think on the fly and interact well with external audiences. Adaptable to a high-change environment.
- This position requires traveling up to 10% of the time
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.