Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy & Operations at Expedia Group
Do you want to be at the center of a truly ground breaking marketing organization?
The Sr Manager, Marketing Strategy and Operations, a brand new role, will focus on supporting the Brand Expedia team in building and operating a highly effective and optimized marketing machine. Partnering closely with marketing leaders and across the organization, this role will be instrumental in ensuring we build a cohesive, powerful proposition and story for our customers and prospects in alignment with the overarching brand strategy, product launches, and customer trends.
What you'll do:
- Develop and own a rolling 12-month communications calendar that includes mass advertising, sub-segment marketing across channels, PR, CRM and merchandising – identifying key cross channel messaging strategies by quarter across our priority markets
- Build a strong working relationship with product marketing and product to coordinate development of cross-channel campaigns for new product features ensuring market opportunity, viability, and target customer desirability
- Lead coordination of annual GTM strategy and quarterly planning cycles with Marketing Leadership, channel owners, local markets, and customer insights/research
- Facilitate the GTM Quarterly Business Review, synthesizing campaign performance insights from channel owners into a single quarterly roll up
- Drive continuous improvement of the marketing planning process for better agility & efficiency, and optimizing the approach to driving global scale with local relevance
- Partner closely with insights/research to develop future facing opportunities and recommendations for refining and evolving marketing communications strategy
- Develop and update program documentations, wikis, metrics, email updates, and quarterly review documents
Who you are:
- A strategist who sees the opportunity, a planner who can build the roadmap, and project manager who can make all the details happen
- A lover of process, continuous improvement, and a student of simplifying the complex
- A change agent that is excited about bringing a new, more cohesive way of working into a siloed organization.
- Practical experience working within digital or above-the-line channels
- Strong communication skills, logical thinking, and sense of accountability
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- High energy and can-do attitude
- Curiosity and passion for making an impact for the customer
- Understanding of digital marketing strategy and data platforms preferred
You will fit this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing / Business / Economics
- Several years’ experience operating or analyzing marketing channels
- Strong analytical skills and exposure to research and analysis techniques
- Proven attention to detail in managing complex projects and time-sensitive delivery
- Project management training, qualification, or experience
- High level of interpersonal skills and experience with flexibility and creative solutioning when dealing with challenges
- Previous experience working with global brands
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.