Senior SEM Analyst at Expedia Group
Sr. SEM Analyst
Do you love to solve big problems? Are you as comfortable defining strategic decisions as you are slicing data to answer a thorny question? Does the idea of making impactful changes on a small team excite you? If so, come talk to us! We are looking for an analytical Sr. SEM Specialist to own global campaign management for our keywords, ads, and landing pages.
CarRentals.com is a brand within the Expedia Group with big dreams. We offer the opportunity to work in a start-up environment while having the backing and resources of a multinational ecommerce company. We believe in:
- Global Growth. We aim to be the world’s leading car rental OTA.
- Tech-Led. We use technology to simplify and automate the CarRentals experience.
- Right Car. We are fanatical in helping customers find and book their right car.
- Dig In. We deep dive using data, hypothesis, testing, and learning.
- Laugh. We are dead serious about car rentals… but not ourselves.
What you’ll do:
As a Sr. SEM Analyst, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of innovative campaigns across our growing business, which currently includes US, France, Germany, Netherlands, and Spain websites.
To excel in the role, you’ll consistently lean on analysis and data to learn, communicate, and make decisions. You’ll leverage technical knowledge and creativity to improve processes or create solutions to manage your campaigns at scale. You’ll have the opportunity to engage our broader product, engineering, and data science teams to develop product or automation capabilities to further mature how we operate the SEM business.
In this role you’ll improve relevance for customers throughout the funnel, which leads to growth in customer engagement, conversion rates, and revenue.
- Ownership of keywords, ad copy, landing pages for SEM campaigns globally. Lead the strategy, backlog development, prioritization, and day-to-day operations of your portfolio.
- Utilize large data sets with SQL, Python, Excel, or other tools to perform analysis and identify key insights or optimization opportunities.
- Identify process improvements to operate-at-scale or develop automation tools in partnership with CarRentals.com product, engineering, data science, or other marketing channels.
- Lead SEM expansion efforts into new points of sale, which includes building out the account structure, performing keyword research, and developing localized messaging.
- Develop test backlogs and execute test-and-learn to continuously improve relevancy, engagement metrics, and conversion rate.
- Execute & contribute to channel level initiatives requiring project management or coordination with other team members. Including a planned restructure of SEM accounts.
- Represent your work across the organization, from engineers to executive leadership.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in digital performance marketing or analytics. 2+ years with a post grad degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Engineering, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics preferred.
- Highly analytical, with experience pulling, manipulating, and deriving insight from data.
- A critical thinker with superb problem-solving skills. Combined with a high level of initiative and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- An excellent communicator, who can communicate complex analytical or technical topics in a clean & simple way.
- Advanced experience with SQL required.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
*LI-AN1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.