Speakers Communications Manager, Expedia Group Media Solutions at Expedia Group
As part of Expedia Group, the world’s travel platform, Expedia Group Media Solutions connects brands with the world’s travelers throughout their shopping journey on our global network of trusted travel sites. Our travel marketing platform, industry-leading data, insights and expertise, and dynamic advertising solutions deliver impactful results to help advertisers achieve their goals.
Are you looking to join a dynamic marketing team that is scaling its successful speakers program? Do you have experience developing speaker content for speaking opportunities at global and regional industry and partner events as well as webinars?
To continue to grow and scale our Expedia Group Media Solutions speaking program, we are looking for a communications manager who can build the speaker strategy and craft compelling stories and high quality, relevant content for our speakers at all types of events. This person would be part of the PR team reporting to the director of Industry Marketing, and will work closely across our Marketing and Sales teams to elevate speaker platform in ways that will resonate with various travel and advertising industry audiences around the world.
In particular, this role will be responsible for:
What You’ll Do
- Build the Media Solutions speaker presentations for events and webinars to showcase our expertise, research, insights, partnerships, products, reporting and case studies.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team—including with PR, Events and Product Marketing—as well as sales leaders and executives.
- Use our custom research, data and insights to build on our thought leadership platform.
- Identify and create compelling customer stories for speakers to illustrate the depth and breadth of what we offer marketing partners.
- Ensure clear calls to action, laddering up to broader marketing campaigns, to drive leads and engagement.
- Identify relevant industry events for speakers, and help manage a tracker of opportunities.
- Help to pitch and secure earned speaking opportunities, and manage relationships and logistics with event organizers.
- Prepare speakers—including senior executives—with content and briefings on messaging and reactive guidance.
- Coordinate with corporate and business unit communications teams for visibility and alignment on major industry events.
- Build scalable speaker trainings, conduct trainings and offer refresh courses to expand speaker skills.
- Create and maintain a library of speaker content and messaging to scale our program globally.
Who You Are
- Background in communications, particularly related to speaking programs and content
- Driven to manage the speaker program and content with attention to details and deadlines
- Experience building presentation content in PowerPoint with imagery and videos
- Creative, strategic and analytical approach with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a sales team, as well as with customers and event organizers
- Thrives in ambiguity and enjoys a fast pace - you can prioritize, set clear expectations and balance out of scope requests
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or marketing preferred
- Problem Solving/Judgment
- Results Focused
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.