Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Brand
Los Angeles, CA
From .life to .solutions to .news, Donuts is the global leader in high-quality, top-level domains. Our fresh, relevant new domain names provide variety and choice to easily manage and amplify your digital identity. Donuts Inc. is also the parent company of name.com a leading domain name registrar. Donuts Inc. is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington with offices in Denver, Austin, Dublin, Los Angeles and Beijing. Find our more at www.donuts.domains and name.com.
Donuts is seeking a versatile, passionate, high-energy marketing communications leader with broad experience to drive strategy, programs, and execute to achieve significant results. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer this multifaceted role will own the company’s internal and external communications strategy and will drive corporate and vertical messaging and positioning to include global brand identity, public relations, corporate presentations, events and materials. In collaboration with our Executive team and key stakeholders this role will build and advance Donuts products and the name.com brand presence in ways that directly impact valuation, revenue, and perception in the marketplace.
- Be responsible for how Donuts and Name.com is presented to the industry, consumers and internal stakeholders.
- Build, execute and own brand communications through the B2B, B2C and internal channels
- Be a thought leader in earned media, content strategy and brand presentation
- Lead the presentation and execution of the B2B and emerging B2C brand. This will include overseeing governing body interactions, web presence, social media, events and industry relations
- Drive and execute upon earned media, public relations, as well as content marketing, event sponsorship, and channel relationship opportunities
- Facilitate a steady flow of communications from Donuts to the industry and industry regulators to establish our reputation as a key player in the industry and regulatory community
- Drive key objectives and measurement for global communications function and continue to raise Donuts voice in industry and vertical markets
- Partner with others in the marketing team to execute marketing tactics to bring these strategies to life.
- Implement key communications policies, protocols and best practices
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years experience in global branding, communications and PR with proven leadership experience
- Able to work autonomously, lead a team successfully, and work cross-functionally
- Enjoy using both your left and right brain to drive program, analyze results, iterate and improve
- Solid understanding and expertise in performance marketing
- Exceptional strategic leader, communicator and storyteller. This includes data-driven storytelling, writing, deck creation and presentation
- Fluidity with using social media to drive brand distinction and conversion
- Solid experience driving corporate communications through significant scale and growth
- Passionate about challenging the status quo and driving new and creative ways of thinking
- Positive and proactive approach. A strong sense of urgency with a start-up mentality, and an ability/interest in wearing multiple hats
- Extensive experience with media relations, public relations, brand building and internal and external communication
- Willingness to travel as needed
A few things to know about us
Donuts offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. Donuts also offers some great perks such as a company bonus and generous stock option plan. Donuts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.