Sr. Manager, SEO at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Senior Manager, SEO will report to the Director of Search and work closely with the SEO team, SEM Team, content writers, marketing technology, and business leads from the demand generation team. This role will also work with internal stakeholders, vendors and development teams to drive the expansion ServiceNow’s digital footprint across organic search platforms. This is a people-manger position where you’ll manage the SEO team and drive forward results cross-functionally.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage and mentor the existing SEO team to drive results in ServiceNow search
- Inform and execute the search strategy with the ability to evolve based on performance and market changes
- Communicate with a data driven approach to internal stakeholders and execution teams to ensure correct prioritization of SEO recommendations
- Create a rubric to evaluate the business among core success metrics for core SEO pillars of content, technical, and partner links. Set appropriate goals, timelines, and paths to improving each component of the program
- Perform keyword research in coordination with business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search engines and markets. Partner with the analytics team to create and deliver SEO performance reports, and provide actionable insights to other marketing channels and internal stakeholders
- Build a roadmap of experiments and initiatives to drive organic traffic, engagement, leads and pipeline
- Implement SEO changes and updates (meta description, page titles, schema markup, microdata, etc.) to maximize ServiceNow’s ranking
- Use various tools including but not limited to SEO tools and web analytics tools (Analytics, Search Console, Screaming Frog, SEMRush etc.) to support the compilation of data and develop recommendation
- Provide detailed competitive analysis and ensure ServiceNow is maintaining authority across key business units and keyword themes
- Stay abreast on top trends, best practices, and algorithms to continually develop winning strategies
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years of hands-on SEO experience, preferably with a large scale B2B SaaS organization
- 2+ years of management experience, preferably of full time employees with a history of driving impact
- Deep understanding of search optimization tactics, both content and technical, and the impact of each tactic
- Proven track record in managing SEO projects from inception to completion and review
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS and SEO implications
- Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking skills
- Expert experience with MS Excel
- Familiarity with SERP layouts for different devices (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Passion for metrics and quantitative analysis, and ability to translate complex concepts into requirements with clear business outcomes
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.