Sr Marketing Operations Analyst at Expedia Group
The Senior Analyst will support the Senior Manager - Metasearch in Expedia Asia to optimize the performance of the metasearch channel. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented, has strong foundation in finance, analytics and statistics with strong attention to detail and will be able to coordinate with the North East Asia leadership to drive execution.
The Senior Analyst will have direct impact to North East Asia’s P&L and will be managing partners such as TripAdvisor, Trivago & Skyscanner to name a few.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage campaign performance across all of Expedia’s line of business (Hotels, Flights, Packages) based on key metrics using existing tools.
- Use statistics, distributions and confidence intervals to make decisions based on data.
- Manipulate large datasets to find business insights and root-cause analysis and drive actions to increase ROI.
- Work with global teams to ensure optimal campaign performance and alignment of the company’s tools and processes.
- Develop and defend a financial plan / forecast. Have the ability to explain factors and events that will impact topline and bottom-line numbers.
- Collaborate with partners such as TripAdvisor, Trivago & Skyscanner, internal teams and senior leadership to optimize campaign performance.
- Represent the metasearch team in the North East Asia trading desk meetings to communicate performance updates and initiatives to senior leadership.
- At least a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, preferably with an IT / Engineering and Business blend.
- 3-5 years’ experience in e-commerce or performance based marketing.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in SQL and comfortable writing complex SQL queries.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative
- Foundational statistical experience.
- Strong functional knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to operate and thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
- Fluent English and strong interpersonal skills, able to articulate a complex subject easily across all levels.
- Programming skills (Python) a plus.