Sr. SEM Specialist (Hotwire - Seattle)
Launched in 2000, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena. Just a few years later in 2003, we joined the Expedia Group family of brands that includes Hotels.com, HomeAway, Travelocity and more.
Our roots are in California, but we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product and technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the latest and greatest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
If you thrive in environments that are dynamic, action-oriented, data-driven and relish in conquering diverse challenges every single day, joining Hotwire is likely to be the most rewarding opportunity of your career. So-- what are you waiting for? Come join a household name brand that lives at the exciting intersection of technology and travel.
About the Team:
On the SEM team, you join an entrepreneurial environment with responsibility for a piece of the channel Profit and Loss Statement. You utilize your quantitative and qualitative skills to provide actionable insights for optimizing marketing spend, audience targeting and influencing customer behavior. We love to test and learn from our results, and deliver a return on investments. As a Sr. SEM Specialist on our team, you have the rare opportunity to own the end to end SEM process, from problem recognition to data analysis to building and implementing automated workflows and solutions. You will work with large databases and write programs to automate solutions for analytical business challenges at scale. Come join us in our harmonious and open space with other like-minded individuals. And you score awesome travel discounts while having all this fun.
Your responsibilities in this role would include the following.
- You execute on the fundamentals of search marketing – we seek individuals who are passionate about SEM.
- You assume ownership of the financial performance for your portfolio to achieve business, revenue and profitability objectives.
- You identify growth opportunities, test hypotheses and scale winning tests to improve SEM traffic productivity and increase return on investment.
- You gather actionable data from our various sources to ensure consistent and continual optimization of campaigns.
- You build automated workflows to affect change at scale
- You lead as a critical thinker using data and experience to make sound decisions, even with incomplete information.
- You collaborate with internal partners, build daily performance pacing views, communicating risks and opportunities to the team in a crisp and compelling manner.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. A Masters degree is preferred.
- You have at least 3 years of professional and related experience in the SEM space.
- Individuals who have excellent quantitative analysis experience. You love to dive deep into the data and make recommendations.
- Your analytical skills include data manipulation and financial analysis. Perhaps you have been or you are currently an online marketing analyst.
- Python coding skills and experience is preferred.
- Experience in working with SQL and expertise in Microsoft Excel. Expect questions in this area!
- Excellent collaboration at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication.
- Trustworthiness, transparency, and dedication to partnership in a fast-paced environment. We strongly believe in the "One Team" philosophy.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
(keywords: senior paid search analyst, senior sem analyst, paid-search, search engine marketing analyst, online marketing)
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.