VP, Marketing at Flexport (Bellevue, WA)
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.About the Marketing team
Not only are we disrupting an industry, we are disrupting the way we go to market as a company. We’re forming a talented team to determine how we market our products and services to new and existing customers around the world. We are excited to have a dedicated leader who will steward our global customer research and segmentation, global marketing protocols and practices, integrated GTM approach, and marketing channels like our website and events. While our VP, Brand shapes and stewards how we market our company and brand - including our brand ethos, content & creative, and external & internal comms - this role will own how we market our products and services to our customers through cutting-edge marketing strategies, programs and channels.The Opportunity:
Flexport is looking for an experienced and driven VP, Marketing to join our growing team. Marketing at Flexport is a highly collaborative role. You’ll partner closely with teams and leaders in Sales, Brand and Product. Armed with a passion for finding unique and innovative ways to market products and acquire customers, you’ll bring together an incredible team of marketers to create marketing activities that drive Flexport revenue, growth and brand value.
Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer, you’ll drive customer research and intelligence to ensure that we are reaching our customers where they are, developing products they want, and getting them to do business with us. The teams reporting to this leader are: Performance Marketing, Product Marketing, Events Marketing, and Web Development.You will:
- Global Standards & Practices: Establish and reinforce global marketing standards and practices across existing and new markets
- Global Marketing Strategy: Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies to drive demand, acquire and retain customers across multiple channels
- Customer Intelligence: Direct market and customer research collection, analysis and interpretation of data to guide marketing strategies and campaigns
- Integrated Marketing: Work closely with Brand and Sales - across all regions - to develop an integrated GTM plan that supports our customer and commercialization lifecycle
- Revenue Generation: Explore and test new means of revenue generation - ways to market our products and services
- Website Strategy & Leadership: Own strategic prioritization for web developer team on Flexport's public facing website, with focus of organic lead generation and user-centered design
- Product Education: Work closely with Client Enablement and Brand to promote products and services through knowledge sharing, product education, and industry insights
- Team Leadership: Inspire, develop and manage a team of innovative marketing professionals
- 12-15+ years of (leadership) experience in B2B marketing, demand generation and/or growth in technology
- Proven track record driving customer growth and revenue for the company
- A high comfort level with fast-paced, disruptive and high growth environments
- Proven team development, management and leadership skills, including the ability to drive consensus among executive stakeholders and translate that into action
- Experience managing marketing budget and expenditures in a cost-conscious way and proving ROI in a complex industry with long sales cycles
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.