AD, Inventory Planning at Chewy
Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented, dedicated Associate Director, Inventory Planning to join our Supply Chain Team based in Seattle, WA. The Associate Director will lead a high-performing team of supply chain experts while being responsible for all aspects of inventory management including (but not limited to): in-stock strategy, inventory performance, vendor improvement, key supply chain initiatives, and internal cross-functional partnerships.
A successful leader will partner with category leaders, forecasting leaders, sourcing/manufacturing, finance, and operations to scale our business by creating industry leading inventory management practices, systems, and capabilities. You will be highly analytical and data obsessed to drive high judgment decisions, and create a great experience for our Customers through high SLA in-stock levels. You will have the opportunity to work with a great team of supply chain professionals, data scientists, business leaders and team members, and have fun while growing the business.
If you thrive in ambiguous environment, are passionate to build new business and do something no one else has done in the pet industry, come talk to us!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop long term, medium term, and short inventory management practices, systems, and plans.
- Develop SLAs for inventory health working backwards from our Customer while balancing cost and Customer Experience.
- Manage all aspects of supply planning and inventory management.
- Lead/develop a team of supply planning and inventory managers.
- Work with Merchandising, Operations, Finance, Vendor Compliance, EDI, Demand Planning and Supply Planning teams to identify areas of opportunity to improve total supply chain performance.
- Own and drive cross-functional goals to grow the business.
- Position may require some travel.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Business Management.
- 7+ years of supply planning and/or inventory management experience.
- Be data driven and develop inventory analytics model to establish SLAs and insights.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional stake holders, influence decisions, and recommend a course of action based on data analytics.
- Ability to drive process improvement with a focus on automation and continuous improvement.
- Ability to operate and scale in a growing, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Superior organizational, self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge in purchasing, forecasting and inventory management systems
- Proven record of building teams, developing solutions and delivering results.
- MS Office and SQL skills.
- Proprietary Brands experience
- E-commerce background
- Advanced SQL/Python or statistical skills.