Administrative Assistant at Zipwhip
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in our customers and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we’re looking for:
We are in search of a resourceful and highly motivated Administrative Assistant to help support the Executive Assistant Team in streamlined support duties. This person will report into the Senior Executive Assistant and be a part of a dynamic Administrative team. We are seeking a candidate with prior administrative experience who will build upon their current skills and over time could progress into an Executive Assistant role. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are detail oriented, highly organized, and embrace a challenge with high energy and a positive attitude. You will support the Admin team with general administrative support and help with cross-group administrative projects and calendars. You are a passionate, curious, and have a can-do attitude. You are someone who takes pride in supporting a team with worldwide span and influence—internally and externally. You thrive in meeting critical deadlines and have strong prioritization skills as well as strength in juggling multiple requests. A high level of discretion in handling confidential information, professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is required.
What’s the job really?
- Proactive calendar management for multiple calendars
- Coordinate logistics for team meetings, morale events, team offsites and external events as needed
- Help coordinate travel logistics
- Help coordinate team food orders for large onsite events
- Team support, help with space planning, new employee setup, facilities requests
- Reconcile and submit expense reports for Executives monthly and inline with Finance requirements for submission
- Help create, organize and distribute Powerpoint presentations
- Ad-hoc Administrative projects as needed
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of demonstrated relevant work experience in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and accommodate diverse working styles, ability to connect with people inside and outside the team
- Be a strong team player who demonstrates drive, initiative and a positive professional approach
- Multitask and change direction in rapid response to a fluctuating work environment
- Make timely decisions, exercising sound judgement, integrity, trustworthiness, and professionalism
- Effective interpersonal skills and excellent customer service
- Highly organized, consistently demonstrate timely follow up and follow through
- Extensive knowledge working in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint
- Extremely trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion and judgment
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture in one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Free on-site weekly, yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM Fitness and discounted gym membership at Soul Fitness
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and almost fully subsidized medical, dental, vision + 100% disability and life insurance premium coverage.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to: come and go from the work area, talk, listen, use a personal computer and telephone, read and understand documents containing text and/or numbers. Heavy computer usage is also required for this position. Carry up to 15 lbs.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.