At Navigating Cancer, our mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients and those who care for them. We enable oncology clinics to provide personalized, efficient care to every patient by providing relevant educational materials, giving the whole care team visibility to patient issues and needs, and delivering useful insights so that care teams can identify and resolve gaps in care. Through our platform, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and needs.
In order to advance our mission to – “Enable Personalized Care for Every Cancer Patient,” we are seeking candidates for the following role:
In this role you will develop and build a privacy and security compliance program that meets the requirements for HIPAA and client contractual obligations. You will focus on assessing risk, ensuring security and compliance across Navigating Cancer and it’s contractors and vendors, and develop plans for risk mitigation and employee education.
- Lead the design, development, and execution of healthcare related HIPAA programs to ensure that our technology and business processes meet our HIPAA obligations.
- Manage all aspects of our security and compliance programs, including gap assessment, risk assessment, risk management, risk mitigation, monitoring/auditing, policy administration, addressing violations/findings, and performing corrective actions.
- Drive activities around audit preparations, information analysis, deficiencies, and tracks corrective action for completion
- Oversee the development of compliance training programs for employees
- Maintain working knowledge of healthcare compliance legal and regulatory requirements. Track relevant laws and regulations and update operating manuals, policies and procedures documents when regulations change related to cyber security.
- Coordinate with teams to validate security gaps, identify root causes and solutions
- Lead discussions and present key insights of compliance functions to executive leadership for risk mitigation and improvement opportunities
- Establish effective working relationships and build credibility within the organization to support a culture of compliance
- 10+ years of experience leading governance and risk activities within healthcare, technology compliance, audit and risk management with mobile and cloud technology.
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and monitoring HIPAA compliance programs, including associated training.
- Knowledgeable with required laws pertaining to HIPAA Security & Privacy
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, security policies, and business continuity.
- Ability to understand, work with and organize data from various systems: facts, figures, narratives, and data analysis
- Self confident and able to work independently with senior management
- Team player, resilient, with a positive outlook and demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent work experience required
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! Join us to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time, in our downtown Seattle office - although currently we are all working 100% remotely. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment:
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision
- 401K + ROTH option
- Paid maternity/ paternity leave policy
- ORCA passes for commuting
- Educational stipend
- Central location equidistant from Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square
- Company sponsored lunch every Monday and fully stocked kitchen
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.