Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is investing to accelerate our strategy through the creation of a new Strategic Partnerships function. We will develop broad, strategic partnerships, originate new businesses, and lead M&A opportunities. We are building our team by bringing on a Strategic Partnerships & Corporate Development Manager, reporting to the VP & Head of Strategic Partnerships. You will help establish and scale the SP function by leading multiple aspects of our partnerships and M&A work. Responsibilities are global in scope and will include strategy development, opportunity sourcing, proposal development, business modeling and forecasting, financial analysis and deal process leadership. Our Manager will be a trusted partner to our teams, have a high level of visibility within Remitly's leadership team, and work with partners, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and investors.
- Originate and develop new growth ideas for our business
- Be an expert on Remitly's business and customers and the consumer financial services market, by gathering perspectives from internal leaders and doing research across our ecosystem
- Build and help deliver compelling business cases around key priorities to gain organizational support and resourcing
- Build partner-facing proposals, helping develop new business around strategic partners and supporting strategic relationship management
- Manage the work, and help lead a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders through the entire M&A or commercial deal lifecycle
- Help guide the prioritization of opportunities and bring in new Partnerships/M&A best practices to make Remitly's capabilities world-class
- 5+ years of experience in corporate development, private equity, or investment banking in the consumer information technology sector
- Proficient and innovative analytical capabilities: building P&Ls/pro-forma financial models, using advanced valuation methodologies, and running analyses on operational metrics
- You have a naturally strategic perspective, ROI-focus, and sound logic; you support positions with solid rationale backed by data
- A credible presence and style, and the ability to communicate in a clear, convincing way, making it easy for you to lead teammates supporting our projects
- Determination in the face of obstacles or challenges, and you execute with grace
- A Bachelor's degree. MBA is desirable
- Strong alignment with our mission and values
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer