Customer Success Manager at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
We're continuing to build out a team that's as diverse as it is creative. We're looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our ranks that is customer centric and empathetic as we exponentially grow our customer base.
Our Customer Success team supports our wide array of customers and own the customer relationship post-sale through renewal, as they engage with us and adopt our products to achieve their goals. We ensure customers are optimized and scale effortlessly through impactful engagements, all focused on driving business and technical value. Our obsession is understanding a customer's business to build lasting partnerships that continue to add value over time.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for making every customer in your portfolio successful which ultimately assures positive net revenue retention (NDR) for our Mid-Market customer base. In this role, you will report to a Manager of Customer Success.
What you’ll be working on:
- Proactively manage a book of business and own meeting/exceeding renewal, upsell, and retention goals.
- Know your customers well – learn about their goals, processes, players and expectations so you can create a joint success plan and drive the overall strategy.
- Serve as the primary contact, delegate tasks where needed and ensure a strong customer experience.
- Build relationships throughout a customer’s organization, being comfortable engaging across C-level to licenses holders to ensure the strategic value is known and leveraged by all.
- Become a Zipwhip expert and advocate. Use your knowledge to deliver scalable guidance to maximize the customer experience.
- Represent the “Voice of the Customer” as the customer advocate at Zipwhip and ensure putting customers first is a company-wide mindset.
- Identify new expansion opportunities to drive more value to our customers, negotiating terms and expanding the Zipwhip footprint.
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual performance objectives.
The skills you’ll need:
- 5+ years account management experience in a consultative sales position, ideally within a SaaS company.
- Strong understanding of SaaS business models and their overall relationship to Customer Success.
- Experience guiding a mid-market customer base on their sales journey as a trusted advisor who consistently provides value
- The ability to pursue and ask strategic questions in a senior corporate environment while identifying growth opportunities.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of customer requests, queries and/or emails.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (phone, video, email).
- Resourcefulness with a facility for problem-solving by seeking the required information.
- Strong collaboration skills to create and maintain excellent internal relationships with support, sales, finance, operations, marketing, product, legal and human resources teams.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Impeccable organizational skills and an ability to multi-task across projects under tight deadlines.
- Patience and positivity. Ability to remain calm and focused during a crisis.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.