Customer Support Manager at Zipwhip
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest-growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Customer Support Manager that could help us ensure that every one of our customers has an excellent experience while using Zipwhip products and services. We are seeking someone who will advocate for a customer-centric support approach and share our company DIRECT values. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, effective people relationship management, problem-solver and independent thinker who has experience earning the trust of senior stakeholders to implement change.
As Manager of the Customer Support team, you will be responsible for leading a team of approximately 10-12 team members. You will oversee all the daily operations, meeting team KPIs, and evaluation of the team. This is a hands-on position requiring an obsession to improve both the customer and employee experience.
What's the job really?
- Leadership and mentoring of every individual on the team. Guide them to strengthen quality and efficiency metrics. Organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments to meet business needs.
- Hire, train, and mentor a diverse, creative, and talented support team. Includes manage capacity planning, and attendance.
- Use data to understand, influence and prioritize broken customer experiences.
- Serve as the Support Ambassador while collaborating with internal teams (Success, Sales, Finance, TechOps, Product, Marketing) to support business development efforts for both small, mid-market, and enterprise accounts.
- Build customer loyalty by building rapport with our customers and find solutions to complex customer and technical issues. This includes customer escalations.
- Advocate quality in every aspect. Partner with Senior Support Specialists and Leadership to identify opportunities from Quality (CSAT) and customer (NPS) feedback and recommend corrective action plans and inputs to the Voice of Customer program.
- Be the primary information source for the Customer Service and Technical Support Specialist Team; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Pitch in to be an active team player who shares the load and helps others. May include after-hours and holidays.
- Serve as a resource for employees on policy and procedures.
What you bring to the table:
- Three (3) years previous experience successfully leading a team in a customer service environment.
- Demonstrate strong coaching, interpersonal and communication skills. Clear and effective verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated experience with leadership principles and performance management. Proven experience with driving professional development of direct reports.
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who). Ability to think clearly and analyze quantitatively using multiple systems.
- Proven track record hiring and coaching supports teams with low attrition. You past team members are eager to work for you again.
- Demonstrate a customer-centric mindset.
- Self-starter attitude and the flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Work to create a team environment to openly discuss trends and develop and drive the implementation of new solutions.
- Demonstrated competency with one or more analytical toolkits, not limited to Salesforce, Talkdesk, MySQL, and MS Office.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage time and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic, proactive at identifying and resolving issues, self-motivated and resourceful.
What we offer:
- Fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices. Note we’ve since moved into an even cooler office (300 Elliot Ave).
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a generous matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
Being an equal opportunity employer is important to us. We work hard every day and value an inclusive and diverse team. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.