Director, Information Technology
Expedia eCommerce Platform - eCP
Expedia Group is the world's travel platform and our purpose is to bring the world within reach. The eCP team is at the heart of that mission by providing a world-class platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at global scale to support our rapidly growing family of brands.
Expedia IT - eIT
Expedia IT is a team of customer-focused technology specialists within eCP, committed to delivering business value by maximizing the employee experience through reliable, accessible and intuitive IT support and services.
What You'll Do:
- You provide overall technology leadership and vision to influence and drive the product strategy to deliver customer-focused workplace technology solutions
- You actively lead and develop a team of experienced, globally-distributed IT project managers to ensure on-time delivery of high quality services and products while using matrixed/shared resources worldwide
- You provide leadership focus, mentorship and management expertise to identify improvement and efficiency opportunities that strengthen IT team performance and delivery
- You partner with product management and technology teams to ensure ongoing alignment and execution of workplace technology strategy and roadmaps
- You actively drive technology decisions and resolution on cross-team issues, scope changes, resource constraints, and other impediments
- You lead a portfolio of 30+ capital projects, identifying and gaining efficiences to deliver projects within budget while providing visibility of IT spend against annual and quarterly forecasts
- You develop strategic relationships across the business and key partners to inspire change and adoption of new ways of working that drive competitive advantage
Who you are:
- Experience owning or influencing product strategy & vision, roadmaps, and backlog prioritization
- Solid portfolio management and financial experience, including capital and operational budgets, resource planning and prioritization
- Experience utilizing Agile, Waterfall, and hybrid methodologies
- Superb communication, influencing and relationship building skills across a complex matrixed organization, and experience working with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to lead across cultures, geographies and across functions to deliver results, and ability to adapt your personal style to various environments
- Ability to look at workplace technology solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognizing opportunities to innovate and engaging partners in a vision and strategy
- Effective vendor management and ability to develop strategic vendor partnerships
Educational Qualifications (majority of the following)
- University Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Related field
- 5+ years of people management experience in an engineering, development or technology role
- ITIL Foundation, Practitioner or Managers Certificate
- Prince 2 Foundation or Practitioner, or equivalent project management training/certification (PMP)
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.