Director of Procurement & Facilities at Apptio
Based in our Bellevue, WA headquarters, the Director of Procurement & Facilities is responsible for the implementation and oversight of end-to-end procurement process and the global real estate portfolio. Additionally, this position will oversee the company’s global Travel & Expense program which includes managing the travel partner relationships as well as the Concur platform.
As Director of Procurement & Facilities, you will lead a team of three direct reports managing the daily and strategic operations for a global organization operating in 13 countries and growing.
Primary Responsibilities - Procurement
- Manages and leads the Procurement, Travel & Facilities team, including ongoing coaching, hiring, performance reviews etc.
- Develops a procurement strategy that aligns with the organization’s vision and overall strategy.
- Partner with internal organizations to define moderate to complex product / service requirements; assist with identifying vendors; manage request for quote processes and evaluations; provide vendor evaluation framework; and make recommendations on vendor selection.
- Partners with Finance to optimize planning and forecasting for large contracts.
- Manages relationships and contracts with key suppliers. Lead negotiations for new and renewing contracts.
- Regularly analyzes company-wide spend seeking efficiencies and cost savings.
- Understands and manages the entire procurement process and proactively improve internal processes and controls.
- Ensures that change control procedures and change notification requirements are documented and respected by supplier.
- Assures the Company’s compliance with customer requirements and supplier contract terms and conditions.
Primary Responsibilities – Facilities Management
- Coordinate planning of the company's multi-year facility needs and ensure the real estate portfolio is aligned with company's overall strategy.
- Participate in front-end strategic assessment of current and future space and operational needs across the organization.
- Manages facilities capital projects, including IT items and furniture
- Oversees day-to-day facilities management
Primary Responsibilities – Travel Management
- Develop strategic policies and programs for corporate travel
- Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors
- Negotiate contracts or rates with travel service providers
- Oversee global credit card programs
- Manage Concur implementation and processing of T&E reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ prior experience, including 3+ years managing a team
- Must be proficient in Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, or have ability to learn these skills rapidly. Software utilization is required.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with high attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects/assignments.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional time management. In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench marking)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to get along well with others and work in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service focus and professionalism.
Apptio is the CIO’s business management system. We build advanced data and analytics applications that help all IT leaders understand and make informed decisions about their technology investments, capitalize on the cloud transformation and drive innovation within their organization. We call it Technology Business Management. Our applications help companies align technology spending to business outcomes and automate IT processes like cost transparency, benchmarking, chargeback and planning. Hundreds of customers, including more than 40 percent of the Fortune 100, choose Apptio as their business system of record for IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.