Director, Specialized Fulfillment at Chewy
If you are passionate about building industry leading fulfillment technology in the pet industry, come join us!
Chewy is looking for a Director of Specialized Fulfillment to join our Fulfillment Technology team in Minneapolis, MN.
We are seeking an executive Engineering leader who excels from strategy to tactical implementation of Fulfillment technology, can lead a team of high bar technical resources, and is passionate about solving complex problems for internal and external customers.
As a single threaded owner, you will have ownership of Chewy’s specialized fulfillment (e.g. Cold and Frozen Chain) systems that optimize the processing of customer orders to achieve ‘best in show’ delivery experience. A successful leader would have great technical acumen, deep understanding of Fulfillment, experience developing systems that scale and be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity. Strong communication skills are required as you will be working closely with senior executives in influencing and establishing the roadmap for future evolution of our systems.
You will lead a diverse team of SDMs, TPMs, and Engineers who are passionate about making Chewy the ecommerce platform for all pet parents. With high business growth every year, you will lead the team to scale and develop solutions that accelerate achieving business plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement the long-term strategy and vision for scaling the Specialized Fulfillment systems to support the business growth and vision.
- Develop and operationalize analytical and science-based tools/models iteratively to support growing business use cases and complexity.
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for click-to-delivery speed, on-time shipping/delivery, customer experience, and transportation costs.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional Engineering Talent.
- Build out the Specialized Fulfillmen tool suite to proactively provide Fulfillment business stakeholders best practices and solutions
- Champion innovation to simplify current solutions and methodologies, while accelerating time to market.
- Raise the bar on Service Levels and Customer Experience
- Be a thought leader and contribute to the product and technical vision for Fulfillment Technology at Chewy.
- Communicate strategy and status to senior executives and partners/stakeholders across Chewy
- Bring industry leading insights to inform the future roadmap of Chewy systems.
What You'll Need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience on architecting fault tolerant, high scale distributed systems in retail or ecommerce industry.
- 5+ years of experience managing Engineering teams at scale
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams
- Fulfillment Experience
- Travel may be required
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field with a minimum of 7 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience