Director Telecom Industry Architecture at ServiceNow
Job TItle: Global Enterprise Architect, Telecom Industry
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA/New York, NY/Kirkland, WA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help connect the modern enterprise to operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
This executive role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing cloud software companies in a highly visible role with massive potential impact.
To propel our next phase of growth, ServiceNow is investing in a Telecommunications, Media and Technology Global Vertical Solutions and Go-To-Market organization. We’re building a team of entrepreneurial and collaborative individuals who are passionate about the opportunity to transform these industries leveraging ServiceNow’s powerful digital workflow platform.
Join a team that will fundamentally re-shape the Telecom sector, helping leading mobile and fixed communication services companies transform their customer service and network operations, as well as work with the most disruptive BSS/OSS partners in the world. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a seasoned Enterprise Architect for the Technology Industry to join our Global Vertical organization. The ideal candidate is a Telecom industry expert with experience in helping telecom companies transform their systems and business processes, especially in terms of customer service and/or network operations domains. S/he has a point of view on how operational transformation can differentiate the employee and customer experience in this sector. S/he has experience in architecting complex, comprehensive and integrated software solutions for the telecom industry. And s/he is passionate about how cloud-based software products can help accelerate the transformation of the telecom industry.
This role will serve as ServiceNow’s senior technical expert for the Telecom industry. The Enterprise Architect, Telecom Industry will collaborate with customers and partners to create the best practice ServiceNow solution architecture for the industry, as well as help key accounts to fine tune this architecture to their unique needs. This individual will become the trusted advisor of our customers, product organization, sales teams and partners, as well as support our industry leadership team in making strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated ability in the following key areas:
1) Industry Experience: 12+ years working in the IT group of a telecom company, or playing an enterprise architect and/or solution consulting role in a software company that sells to telecom organizations. Familiarity with customer care and network operations processes and the landscape and patterns of the core systems of a telecom company, preferably including customer service and/or operations.
2) Solution Architecture Development: Proven track record of collaborating with internal domain experts, customers and partners to create industry-specific solution architectures for telecom organizations. Demonstrated ability to determine repeatable industry use cases, understand the telecom IT ecosystem, explain how the solution integrates with this ecosystem, and help provide best practices for successful transformations in the telecom industry.
3) Strategic Decision Making: Influence our product organization on technological and architectural considerations for our telecom industry products. Ability to provide management insight and understanding on customer implementations and best practice deployment architectures to help identify the ideal target segments for ServiceNow.
4) Solution Sales Success: Passion for and track record of collaborating with global sales teams (Account Executives, Solution Consultants, Product Sales) as a trusted advisor to architect the best industry solution for each customer. Experience enabling sales teams on the telecom industry IT landscape, and help them develop the ideal architecture for key solution-based opportunities.
5) Cross-Functional Execution: Proven ability to generate results in a highly matrixed organization, collaborating with Sales, Pre-Sales, Product Management, Professional Services, Enablement, and Alliances organizations around a common Telecom industry strategy.
6) Content Development: Demonstrated ability to create and distribute compelling internal and external content, including telecom IT ecosystem overview, telecom use case analysis, solution blueprint / architecture, and alignment to TeleManagement Forum standards.
7) Customer Engagement: Ability to present to customer audiences and build credibility around the ServiceNow solution architecture for telecom companies.
- 12+ years of experience working in or selling into the Telecom industry, with deep knowledge of operational business processes, preferably including the customer service and/or network operations domains
- Ideal candidates would have extensive experience in transforming a telecom company (either as an IT business or IT), have been involved in planning, architecting and delivering telecom transformation projects.
- Software Solution Engineer and/or Software Architecture experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership experience
- Understanding of key repeatable industry use cases and IT ecosystem in Telecom
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to develop trusted advisor relationships with customers, partners, product teams and sales organizations
- Superior organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and/or the digital workflow technology market
- Ability to thrive in a super-fast paced, constantly evolving company
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or related Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.