Director of User Experience
Limeade is an engagement company that inspires employee commitment and elevates company culture. Our mission is to improve well-being in the world. And we are looking for a Director, User Experience to help us do exactly that.
At Limeade, we take a whole person, whole company and whole ecosystem approach to measurably improve employee well-being and performance. But we go much further than that, helping our customers build cultures that support well-being that move the needle on their business goals. Our engagement platform is immersive and holistic – as it must be to help solve the bigger well-being and engagement problems facing today’s businesses. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade serves over 100 employers and top global brands.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com.
About the role:
We’re looking for an accomplished practitioner and manager of User Experience with a track record of delivering delightful, engaging user experiences. Your portfolio of projects and products is testament to your ability to lead teams, to own results and to achieve great things. Your leadership was earned. As a designer you showed empathy for users, you balanced the simple with the fun and the scalable, and you exuded excellence in taste. You are a self-aware leader: you listen, guide, coach, think strategically, care and hustle.
As Director of UX, you will have a significant impact on our business as you lead the design team aimed at our product line. You must have a deep understanding of user research, design systems, web and mobile app development. You will work collaboratively with UI developers, product managers, marketers, account managers, the VP of Creative & UX and other company leaders.
You should be comfortable iterating fast and communicating your vision and rationale to opinionated teams. You should be fluent in cutting-edge tools to help get your teams’ ideas across. You will work with an experienced group of technology pioneers, within the structure of a rigorous Agile Design and Development process, based on Scrum, Kanban, Lean, UCD, TDD, OOAD/UML methods and UX best practices. You are willing to collaborate with our executive leadership team to deliver game-changing innovation.
- Lead the team of product designers
- Provide a clear, consistent perspective on UX to project teams
- See product initiatives from the sketch phase through mockups and implementation
- Conduct user research studies, user-testing, A/B testing —utilize the results to improve the customer and user experience
- Develop user scenarios, user flows, interaction models, wireframes and prototypes to create the ideal user experience — all within specified guidelines and deadlines
- Advocate and iterate, driven by user testing
- Participate in and/or facilitate/lead Customer+Partner UX meetings
- Participate in Agile Scrum meetings
- Collaborate daily with developers to translate designs into shipping products
- Work directly with PM teams to ensure that designs reflect user experience need
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Lead strategies, planning and specifics around various forms of design research and usability efforts for our customer’s image experiences
- Able to communicate effectively with a high degree of collaboration and influence
- Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interaction design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Effectively communicate with authority and conviction, concepts, best practices for design and reasoning behind UX decisions to key stakeholders
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by conducting/participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data
- Work across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements
- Provide leadership in the area of application design, and user interface innovations
- Deep knowledge of design languages & interface guidelines for Apple, Android, and Windows platforms
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- 12+ years of combined relevant experience in UX design, including 3+ years as a leader of a design team of at least 3 people
- Desire to lead, coach and inspire teams
- Strong understanding of and experience with UI and UX (design, wireframes, mockups, information architecture, user flows)
- Mastery of interaction design and visual design apps
- Understanding of responsive web design and native apps (iOS, Android)
- Strong leadership, facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Open-minded and able to incorporate constructive feedback
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- Must have a keen eye for great design
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.