Enterprise Architect, West Region at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
ServiceNow is seeking Enterprise Architects to join our Team. The Enterprise Architecture Team is part of our pre-sales organization focused on building credibility and trust with the technical leaders in our largest customers by developing cross-functional strategies and solutions. Our team brings technical expertise, real-world experience, strong executive engagement skills, and an inspirational mindset to help our customers understand the opportunities of the “platform of platforms” vision. We act as technical leaders for our customer's most complex solutions, designed to ensure that they can realize the value they need. We do this by leveraging best practices and industry standards to build customer trust and architect best-in-class solutions.
While collaborating with customers, partners, and the wider ServiceNow sales team, the right candidate will create and communicate high-level architectures and strategies that are both written and verbal, to audiences up to and including the CIO/CTO level. The Enterprise Architect will elegantly articulate the advantage of ServiceNow being built on a single cloud platform consisting of a single user interface, one code base, and one data model. The Enterprise Architect will also lead and participate in the delivery of workshops, best practice overviews, and educational sessions to existing customers and partners.
What you get to do in this role:
- Engage with customer executives to identify pain points and opportunities to deliver value and then translate them into solutions from ServiceNow
- Work with a wide variety of customers, colleagues, and partners to help them understand the power of the Now Platform and the potential opportunities for the future of work
- Lead architecture and design engagements to demonstrate how ServiceNow meets the needs of strategic customers, including; IT Transformation, Digital Products/Services, Platform as a Service, Enterprise Service Management, and the co-creation of industry-specific solutions.
- Understand the business strategy of the customer and articulate how ServiceNow can enable and deliver value to their organization, seamlessly integrating into their current and future technology landscape
- Understand the detail behind the ServiceNow and platform of platforms architecture and communicate it at various levels
- Work with architecture development methods, modeling approaches and architecture patterns for integration
- Interact at multiple levels within a customer account (Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, Directors, VPs, and CXOs) and maintain these relationships throughout their customer journey.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with internal ServiceNow business units
- Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, etc
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Passion and energy for building business relationships and is accustomed to driving the simplification of complex concepts into compelling customer proposals
- Drive for results using out-of-the-box innovative thinking together with excellent problem-solving skills
- An intrinsic ability to understand and prioritize work and is willing to make big bets when the time is right, to invest time and energy in the right areas.
- Willingness to jump in and roll up their sleeves alongside customers, colleagues, and partners to get things done faster and better.
- 10 or more years of proven success in influencing senior technology leaders to drive change in a pre-sales, customer, or delivery-focused role.
- A track record of success in using Human-Centered Design techniques to explore the customer's current reality and set a vision for the future.
- Expertise designing, implementing, and managing advanced architectures in an application domain and integrating multiple systems or platforms
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture or Application Architecture pre-sales in a software vendor or professional services environment.
- Familiarity with common Enterprise and Industry Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, IT4IT, BIAN, TMForum, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the architectural principles for cloud-based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, and automation
- Experience and understanding of multiple technical domains - application, data, DevOps, AI/ML, integration, big data, mobility, analytics, etc.
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching the current and emerging technologies and developing innovative solutions
- Experience presenting architecture concepts, designs, and goals to technology leaders and partners
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.