Head of Customer Support at OfferUp
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
About The Role
OfferUp is searching for a Head of Customer Support to take our customer success function to the next level. The Head of Customer Support is responsible for managing all aspects of resolving customer and partner inquiries at OfferUp. Through strategic development and execution of Customer Support initiatives, you support and drive business results, and increase customer satisfaction and retention. As a critical leader at OfferUp, you not only act as a business partner to the CEO, COO and the broader leadership team, you provide guidance and structure to the Customer Support team.
The ideal candidate is a strategic collaborator who serves as a business partner to OfferUp leadership. You are a smart, data-driven decision maker, who excels at hiring and developing a high performing team, and takes professional pride in operational excellence, while meeting and exceeding stretch goals. You are highly adaptable -- having been successful in meeting the demands of a big company as well as being scrappy and hands-on in a start-up. In addition, you have a passion for people development, and are driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage tech company.
This is a full-time, exempt position based out of our Bellevue headquarters location reporting to the COO (Chief Operating Officer).
This position will be responsible for:
- Strategic leader of the Customer Support team, establishing a clear vision and long term direction to ensure that OfferUp delivers a modern and sophisticated customer care experience, meeting a high bar for timely and effective customer support and experience.
- Establish appropriate and effective systems, processes, metrics and reporting to ensure that the CS organization is able to track and report on CS function activities and meet SLAs.
- Focus on operational excellence to continuously identify, design, and implement process improvements to meet SLAs while minimizing cost.
- Able to lead and transform workflows to increased digital care interactions across the OfferUp customer base, while reducing traditional call center dependencies.
- Experience managing third-party call center partners.
- Able to lead and manage complex technical projects such as re-architecting Zendesk.
- Partner effectively with other key leaders in the organization including Engineering, Product, Legal, and Finance.
- Act as a champion for OfferUp’s mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
- You have 10+years of applicable Customer Support leadership experience in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- You have a proven track record of setting a vision and strategy for the CS function, and driving solutions and practices that are both innovative and scrappy.
- You have a combination of experience working with large companies that have established best of class CS processes and practices as well as working with early stage technology companies and leaders.
- You are able to dive deep into your team’s processes and problems and you manage using data; establishing clear metrics and reports.
- You have experience in establishing operational excellence and driving change management across an organization.
- You are a strong leader of people who has a track record for identifying, attracting, developing and retaining a talented diverse team of CS professionals.
- You are a leader who inspires ideas, encourages test & learn, and takes well thought out risks.
- You are flexible yet thoughtful in your strategic decision making, striking the right balance between advocating for our business and our employees.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.