IT Service Mgmt Analyst II at Expedia Group
ExpediaIT Service Management Analyst II – Problem Management
We love travel - do you?
Come join our friendly team and help us deliver the extraordinary technical solutions for the world's # 1 online travel company, Expedia Group (EG). Bring your skills, experience, enthusiasm and passion. You'll see your work in the hands of millions of people worldwide as we continue to deliver the future of amazing customer experiences. You will also contribute to building a fun and creative environment where forward-thinking and motivated people want to work.
The IT Service Management Analyst will work in and across our various IT Service Management teams in the Platform Foundation & Strategy division to contribute to the effective and timely completion of our service management deliverables to our fellow IT Service Management teams and EG engineering groups.
This role’s primary focus will be on supporting and driving our Problem Management processes and activities across EG, however you will also have the opportunity to learn and give to our other functional areas of Availability Management, Change Management, and Service Asset & Configuration Management, thus gaining experience and expertise in various IT Service Management disciplines and being exposed to a variety of initiatives.Who you are:
You are well-versed in, and passionate about Problem Management – helping our internal service owners to identify root causes, learn from their experience, and eradicate recurring failure modes. You’re also passionate about IT Service Management in general -- and will have prior hands-on operational support experience in other functions like Incident Management, Event Management, Change/Release Management and Configuration/Asset Management. You are confident and capable of communicating in technical terms with both DevOps and Dev Engineering teams. You are also experienced in continual process improvement, and have a history of identifying IT process and quality gaps, and driving/implementing material improvements to them.
You will be well-versed in providing responsive customer support, and are familiar working in an Agile delivery environment, participating in iterative Agile sprints to deliver tangible results, on-time, while meeting quality/customer expectations.What You’ll Do / Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility will be to support and drive the Problem Management process and activities across EG’s service owners and support teams, in order to eradicate recurring failure modes/incidents, and to drive standardization, consistency and improvement in how EG teams perform these activities and share their insights with the broader internal engineering and support community.
- Provide support to internal customers/partners of the other ITSM functions handled in the team as outlined above. Initially this will involve performing task-based operational support for one or more of the daily functions, leading to more project-based work involving requirements-gathering, solution definition, and execution.
- Increase speed and improve quality for IT Service Management support efforts through processes development and execution.
- Handle multiple concurrent tasks and workstreams.
- See opportunities and draft requirements to automate manual tasks and processes.
- Build, analyze, and report on metrics to measure the usage, adoption, success, and development of our functions.
- 5+ years of experience in Problem Management, IT Service Management or DevOps.
- Excellent soft skills and the ability to inspire communication across groups.
- Strong technology process management skills and ability to successfully lead up, down and across the organization.
- Prior experience creating actionable reporting and analytics as it pertains to operations management.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and communication skills. Strong editing skills.
- Demonstrate impact and influence skills to inspire changes, and consensus across organizations.
- Demonstrated skills and success in process improvement design and workflow analysis.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. We also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-DY1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.