IT Systems Engineer I at RealSelf
About the Role:
Are you an IT Systems Engineer, a Site Reliability Engineer who likes to dabble in data, a Software Engineer interested in platform engineering, or a Data Engineer who has the working knowledge or the drive to build CI/CD pipelines? If so, read on.
We’re looking to add an entry-level IT Systems Engineer to our Platform Engineering and Operations Team (POE), where you’ll be a core part of a supportive team that’s passionate about systems thinking, amplifying feedback loops, and continual experimentation and learning.
The ideal candidate for this role loves using technology to solve problems for customers. We need someone with a strong disposition to Software Development. Our existing POE team is taking on a growing set of responsibilities that includes building platforms and interfaces where our applications will run and owning core shared internal services.
In this role, you will:
- Work to improve infrastructure instrumentation, scalability, and repeatability.
- Tackle programming languages, data structures, and algorithms to create solutions for business problems
- Define prescriptive ways for measuring availability, uptime, outages, toil, etc.
- Contribute to decisions that carry influence and direction for the entire engineering org.
- Help build tools to deliver applications to our customers and ensure they enjoy a secure, performant, stable experience.
- Be aware of and advertise functionality of the cloud platform to our internal customers
- Work on core business capabilities like ETL, data quality, authentication, network routing, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Create and orchestrate pipelines that flow raw data from source to mart
- Collaborate with development and analytics teams to solve customer and business problems.
- Pair with co-workers to sort out how to best approach a problem
- Develop tools to speed and standardize cloud usage (we use and love AWS)
- Pioneer the use of new features of our multi-cloud environment (AWS and GCP)
- Serve in on-call rotations
You may be the right fit if you:
- Enjoy being part of a collaborative team
- Have an understanding of Python, SQL, and data warehousing
- Have insight into different approaches on exposing data to our stakeholders
- Have a novice understanding of configuration management and infrastructure as code tooling
- Have experience in a role where the business runs on a cloud, and you have been responsible for portions of leading the use of that cloud
- Are interested in containers and container management techniques
- Have experience in Information Security practices and principles
- Are always learning, and you are excited about the field of Software Engineering
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
This role is open to fully remote candidates in most states. RealSelf is a Seattle-based company; eligible candidates must be willing to work Pacific Standard Time hours. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal, and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.