Manager, Customer Success
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It’s already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
We have the best customers, and our company is going to succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge and our company. As we grow, we want our customers to be delighted with Glowforge. We need you to make sure that when our customers have a question or encounter a problem, the support they receive leaves them every bit as delighted as the product itself. The team you lead will shape not only whether or not our customers succeed but how they feel about Glowforge, the product itself and the company behind that. You are our customers’ hero. You’re the one who gets them through when they’re stuck, turns failures into successes, and makes our company’s passion for our customers real for each and every person who reaches out. We need you here so we can give our customers the amazing experience they deserve when they own a Glowforge.
Here's What You'll Be Doing
You’ll be a key leader in the Customer Success group, working alongside Sales & Technical Support to define and create what it takes to have our customers succeed. You’ll be raising the bar for customer success. You’ll respond to customers yourself and you’ll hire and mentor a thriving and generous team. You’ll seek opportunities to improve the service we deliver and leave customers happier after receiving support than they were before they needed help.
- Leading the team and managing vendors. Hiring, training and mentoring to develop a diverse, creative, and fulfilled customer service team on site and off.
- Learning really, really fast. You don’t know how Glowforge hardware or software works, and that’s OK. We’ll teach you! You’ll learn and then teach our customers.
- Analyzing data & creating solutions. Learning what thrills and bothers our customers and our employees, and using it to improve our content, our readiness, and the product itself.
- Finding solutions to the trickiest customer service issues. You’ll troubleshoot the immediate issue and develop policy and process for next time.
- Jumping in the fray to answer tickets about Glowforge software, hardware, materials, designs, shipping, account administration, how to design for the Glowforge, and more.
You Need These Qualifications
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- You are an experienced manager who’s grown and mentored teams for years. Your past team members are eager to work for you again.
- You are the person people come to for help with the very hardest problems. You love helping people and are fast, thoughtful, and efficient about how you do it.
- You can create a staffing plan, recruit to fill it, manage to a budget, and report metrics in ways that make everyone you work with feel confident in your operation.
It Would Be Nice If...
- You’ve led a high-performance customer service team.
- You have experience supporting technology products, including SAAS and/or hardware.
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You’ve worked with 3D printers, CNC mills, laser cutter/engravers, or other fabrication technology
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
- You have worked at a startup or fast growing technology company.
Please send us your resume, and – more importantly – a cover letter that tells us about your interest here. If you have public examples of your writing, like a blog or website, please send us a link to those too. We’re excited to meet you!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.
Read Full Job Description