We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to take risks and innovate.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
As the Manager of the Fraud and Spam team you will have oversight of the team that is dedicated to fighting spam to maintain Zipwhip as the most trusted messaging network. We are looking for an individual passionate in continuing our pursuit to stamp out spam from our network while building a platform to ensure good clean traffic is not inadvertently blocked. You will work with a variety of teams including Technical Support, Sales, Engineering as well as Product to gather data and develop strategies to fight fraudulent traffic and suspend accounts. Join us to help make a difference in preventing text messaging fraud.
What you’ll be working on:
- Oversight and responsibility for the success of the Spam and Fraud team.
- Develop operational processes within the team and finetune the customer interactions.
- Ensure we are staying up to date with our content fraud & spam policies and documentation.
- Manage customer expectations while creating proper escalation channels.
- Manage all of our vendor spam and fraud technologies and evaluate new ones.
- Stay up to date with current industry trends and technology as it relates to text messaging fraud.
- Help develop future onboarding tools to prevent bad accounts even getting onto the network.
- You’ll use your analytical and project management skills to think as a spammer, find bad actors, and shut them down.
- Support the integration of industry content policies into Zipwhip’s Spam and Fraud platform.
- Regular reporting and analytics management.
- Regular coaching and performance management- goals setting, performance feedback, regular 1:1s, etc.
The skills you’ll need:
- Experience managing an operations or Fraud & Spam team.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Fraud or Spam related role (Carrier experience is a plus).
- Demonstrate strong ethical values and alignment/modeling of our DIRECT values.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Mysql, Elasticsearch, PowerBI, & scripting languages.
- Patience and positivity. Ability to remain calm and focused during a crisis.
- Strong leadership skills- people are important to you and you take the time to coach, communicate, and develop team members.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal.
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO.
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Free on-site (remote for now) weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga.
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access which we look forward to returning to post COVID-19 though we maintain a Remote Work Policy.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when onsite working) hosted by our CEO.
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Company.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.