Manager, Information Technology at Expedia Group
Do you thrive in a flexible agile environment, focused on innovation, continuous delivery, DevOps and automation? Do you enjoy forming teams and architecting solutions that deliver a reliable and flawless experience for contact center agents in our VDI environment? Are you passionate about delivering secure and high-quality products to agents who service our customers around the globe? Expedia Group, the largest Online Travel Agency (OLTA), is looking for a highly motivated and disciplined Manager for our Contact Center Virtual Desktop Infrastructure team. If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then we are eager to hear from you.
Expedia Group (eCommerce Platform) is the world's travel platform and our purpose is to bring the world within reach. The eCP team is at the heart of that mission by providing a world-class platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at global scale to support our rapidly growing family of brands.
Expedia IT (Enterprise IT - eIT) is a team of customer-focused technology specialists within eCP, committed to delivering business value by maximizing the employee experience through reliable, accessible and intuitive IT support and services.What you'll do:
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver a high performing and stable virtual desktop infrastructure product based on Citrix technology. Own the execution and solutions of our platform, driving the quality of delivery aligned to the product strategy and prioritization of the backlog.
- Use your systems thinking approach to pursue process automation problems and partner across teams to deliver a more reliable and stable service. Provide forward thinking engineering and release practices, resulting in products and services that are delivered with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact.
- Make decisions regarding the priority of the product backlog in partnership with the product manager and technical product manager to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output, balancing technical debt and new features. Develop and demonstrate detailed ownership of systems, configurations and documentation of our Citrix platform
- Promote an agile mindset, skillset and toolset and establish an environment where your team can be effective.
- Make recommendations on new technology or specific aspects of the operating and strategic plans of the function or unit at the next highest organization level which will enhance productivity, quality and system performance
- Interact with multi-functional team members, customers and peers to share information and drive improvement of cross-departmental processes and services. Lead and manage individual contributors, including ongoing training and development performance evaluations, coaching, recruiting, and disciplinary actions. Good communication, interpersonal skills and organizational savvy.
- 5+ year’s development or engineering experience.
- 3+ years management / mentor experience
- Solid experience delivering Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions in an enterprise environment including XenApp, XenDesktop, Storefront, Provisioning Services, NetScaler, Director, Studio, Profile management
- Solid understanding of technology including Networking, Load Balancing, SAN/NAS storage, VMware, Windows Server, Remote Desktop Services, Group Policy
- Agile and DevOps experience with an aim to build high-quality solutions that scale quickly and safely.
- Experience with Citrix in an AWS environment highly regarded.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, ServiceNow is a plus.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-DY1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.