Manager, Middle Market
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
The Customer Success Team at PitchBook drives relationship management, business development and ensures our customers are KING! PitchBook is looking for a highly motivated Manager of Customer Success with a passion for technology and an interest in the private equity and venture capital industry.
At PitchBook we work closely together to bring the most accurate, comprehensive data library available to the private equity and venture capital markets. Working at PitchBook means leveraging your skills, your passion, and your desire to accomplish big things and have some fun while you are at it!
The Manager of Customer Success will lead a growing team of Account Managers and Customer Success Managers while having ownership of retention, team leadership, and personnel development.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Will lead and inspire a team of Account Managers and Customer Success Managers by fostering an environment that empowers personal and organizational growth:
- Identify and drive key objectives and results for the team;
- Responsible for the retention and growth of a large book of business managed by their direct reports;
- Serve as a point of escalation for critical client questions and coordinate with direct reports to resolve all client issues;
- Collaborate with teams of Account Managers and Customer Success Managers to strategize on retention and growth of clients;
- Design and deliver ongoing team trainings on PitchBook’s offerings to ensure AMs and CSMs are well-equipped to serve our clients
- Drive sales within current client accounts by enabling AM’s to meet and exceed sales quotas;
- Ensure CSMs are trained supported to lead client training sessions designed to meet the individual needs of each PitchBook user;
- Participate and contribute to Customer Success Leadership meetings;
- Goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Grows customer lifetime value
- Is a team player and enjoys working as a part of a global, close-knit team;
- 5+ years of experience in either account management, customer success, or sales
- 2+ years as a manager with direct reports
- Four-year college degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Relentless drive to ensure “Customers Are King”
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.