Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
When you see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You have the ability to excel in an intense, dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with sales and brokerage teams, Operations Associates act as stewards of customer support, problem solving, and quality control. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
* Please see the available shifts in the questionnaire below and select all that you are able to work.
- Bring Out The Best In Others “BOBO”: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
- Earn it Through Results “EITR”: Provide excellent phone, SMS, and e-mail customer support while using standard processes and internal tools to troubleshoot within tight deadlines
- Build Trust: Train carriers on how to use our product, improve their performance, and grow their business with Convoy
- Love Problems Not Solutions “LPNS”: Operate across cross-functional teams to execute programs and deliver exceptional service
- Have strong operations or detailed account management experience (comfortable diving into the details)
- Be self directed and proactive approach to work - adept at working in highly dynamic environments
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2-5 years of previous customer service experience
- A passion for defect reduction and process improvement
- Intermediate to advanced skill with Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to remain calm, think on their feet, and exercise sound judgement under pressure
- Transportation or other logistics industry experience
- Technology industry and startup experience
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related fields
- Freight brokerage experience
- Beginner to intermediate level experience with programing languages ie. SQL, Java, Python
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!