Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
The New Business Lines team at Rover operates like a fast-paced, agile, startup within a startup. We currently have several new business line tests underway, and are looking for a strategic and analytically-minded leader to take customer support of these initiatives to the next level. Your work will directly shape the trajectory of our newest ventures during their growth phase, all within a vibrant, pet-friendly, later-stage company environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing customer experience teams. Your passion for team leadership is only surpassed by your passion for the customer. You will motivate, coach and develop your team to exceed performance goals, while also empowering them to advocate for the end user. You are someone who has demonstrated tremendous adaptability in a fast-paced environment; you thrive on a team that operates in terms of days, not weeks. You are very analytically minded, and know that if you can’t measure it you can’t optimize it. You are comfortable creating and analyzing reports, then making data-driven decisions to improve both business efficiencies and customer experience. Finally, you are able to easily context-switch between executing in the now and strategizing for the future. You will be expected to plan and staff the customer support function as each new business line evolves.
Note: This position is based out of Rover’s downtown Seattle office, managing a team of on-site customer operations agents. The role may include work on one weekend day. Exact scheduled days and hours to be determined, as Rover's Customer Experience team operates 24/7.
- Motivate, coach, and develop 5-7 Customer Operations Agents supporting our new business lines
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes and increase operational efficiency
- Work closely with product and supply teams to build operations support for new initiatives and tests, informing product and business strategy
- Manage queues to agreed-upon service levels, and strive to raise the bar higher
- Review customer contacts and identify ways to improve the customer experience, as well as own escalated customer contacts and resolve them
- Create reports and analysis to build the voice of the customer, contribute to broader business narrative, and identify opportunity areas
- 4-5 years experience in working in operations or customer experience
- 2+ years experience managing or leading teams in operations or customer experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Experience with Zendesk, Talkdesk, or similar customer management tools
- Experience using data to make strategic business decisions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience at a consumer technology company
- Experience at a startup or other fast-growth company
- Experience with process design and improvement
- Previously used Rover.com as a pet parent or dog sitter/walker
- Demonstrated competency with one or more analytical toolkits, including Excel, Google Sheets, and / or SQL
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.