Oracle Functional Analyst I
Do you have a passion for travel and e-Commerce? Do you have a passion for operating globally in a high growth, energizing environment? Expedia’s eCommerce Platform (eCP) team has an opening for an Oracle Functional Analyst as part of our Financial Systems and Core Transactional Services (FCTS) team. The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. This 400-person organization operating between Expedia’s Global Brands, Supply Offerings, and Finance Teams, is the transactional heartbeat of Expedia Group. FCTS is composed of two key platform components – Financial Systems, primarily based on the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS); and the Core Transaction Platform that includes Order and Fulfillment Orchestration, Trip Management, Tax Services and Incentive Services. Through our technology and operations infrastructure, we handle billions of dollars of bookings, collections, and payments every month. This role will primarily focus on the Financial Systems Platform (Oracle E-Business Suite), one of the platforms operated by FCTS.
WHO YOU (CANDIDATE) ARE:
- Highly self-motivated, detail oriented and committed individual with an ability to take up initiatives and execute tasks with full ownership and able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with minimal direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of techno functional experience in Oracle Applications including exposure on tools like PL/SQL, Data Loader, Forms, Reports, Workflow, SOA Web services, WebADI
- Hands on Experience in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with strong knowledge of Oracle E-Business Architecture and technical aspects of Oracle Applications
- Good functional knowledge of different modules of Oracle Apps including but not limited to OM, AR, GL, AP, PO, IBY, CE, FA and understanding of data flow across modules and related technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (ability to extract, summarize & synthesize facts and suggest the best possible solution) and be a Self-Starter
- Effective communications skills (written and verbal) and ability to independently engage with business partners throughout the ticket resolution life cycle
WHAT YOU WILL DO/ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY:
- Act as the key resource that helps resolve issues in Oracle EBS and related technologies
- Drive resolution of production support issues predominantly in Order to Cash and Procure to Pay cycle
- Effectively resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur, consistently following through on details while driving innovation as well as issue resolution and anticipates and prevents problems before they occur.
- Collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers to implement creative technical solutions via iterative approach reducing time to delivery
- Support key business processes/activities including but not limited to Month-end and Year-end support activities to Business users
- Lead multiple tasks and projects at a time, prioritize effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Improve the enterprise systems by using existing solutions when building new technology
- Collaborate with non-ERP development teams to design efficient, supportable and scalable solutions
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, ®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
- We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.