Program Manager, Market Development at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:59 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team: The Marketplace Growth organization is a centralized team that optimizes across supply, demand, and operations to achieve company financial and growth goals through Market Development, Portfolio Management, Pricing, and novel Growth Programs. This role will be part of the Network Strategy & Market Development team within Marketplace Growth. The Network Strategy & Market Development team progresses Convoy’s flywheel by systematically developing our target markets into dense and balanced marketplaces that generate consistent volume growth with positive contribution margin. This entails a highly analytical and consultative partnership with Product, Shipper and Carrier orgs, Pricing Ops and Marketing to identify and address opportunities which in turn unlocks automation and scaling of our supply-side optimization.
About you:As a Program Manager for Network Strategy & Market Development you will be responsible for ensuring that Convoy is operating effectively and growing in priority markets by sourcing freight that is conducive to spinning our marketplace flywheel faster and sustainably over time. You will have the responsibility to set strategy, innovate, and collaborate across the organization with the ultimate goal of accelerating Convoy’s flywheel in the markets of our choice. You will assume the role of a subject matter expert as it relates to market performance and will collaborate with other members of Marketplace Growth, Demand, and Supply to define strategy and own results, success metrics, and deep dives.
More info on the Convoy Flywheel: https://convoy.com/blog/the-most-efficient-digital-freight-network/
- Be a Trusted Expert. Build an in-depth knowledge of our priority markets in order to understand their network design, identify nuances and curate specific success metrics. You will drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Innovate. Build feedback loops with our customers to identify and execute new frameworks, tactics & mechanisms to optimize network performance systematically across the organization.
- Execute. Generate highly analytical and actionable data insights and convert them into tactical strategies to progress our flywheel. Bring visibility and accountability around goals and clearly signal when off-track.
- Collaborate. Work in close partnership with Marketplace Product teams to identify network efficiency opportunities and then work with our Shipper, Carrier, Contract Pricing, and Marketing teams to systematically execute against those opportunities.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of professional experience in strategy, analytics, network planning, revenue management or similar fields. Experience defining, supporting, and/or managing network design and supporting marketplace frameworks and strategies.
- The ability to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy and gain buy-in for future innovation.
- The ability to influence without authority. You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. You have an ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
- Fluent with data and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and large operational improvements. Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business scenario planning. SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- A relentless focus on execution, tackling problems with the urgency required to drive the success of your programs. T
- he ability to excel in a dynamic, highly ambiguous work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Strong judgement and can assess costs, benefits, and risks to programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!