Security Incident Response Manager at Expedia Group
Looking to join a team at the forefront of travel technology Security? Want to be a part of a cyber warriors team protecting $100 billion gross booking and 200 travel brands operating in 75 countries? Join Expedia Group's SOC and CSIRT team within the Enterprise Risk and Security group and make travel smarter, faster and more secure.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. Check out the campus: http://bit.ly/2UztULPWhat you’ll do
Serve as the incident commander for major or high-profile incidents including validating and raising incidents, coordinating response, facilitating information sharing and conducting reporting
- Provide strategic mentorship on and tracking of IR tools, visibility and capabilities gaps affecting companies security posture
- Provide timely and relevant updates to appropriate executives, leaders and decision makers
- Conduct post Incident review and provide meaningful insights to guide improvements and adjustments to Expedia Group's Security posture
- Test and maintain incident response plans and processes to address existing and emerging threats
- Organize, conduct and maintain documentation for executive and targeted functions for table-top exercises. Handle IR retainers and provide coordination of these third parties when activated
- Work flexibly, as the position will require shifts to cover 24x7 follow the sun inline with offshore team
- Experience with large scale and complex incidents of all types to include Advanced Persistent Threats, DDoS, insider, web and mobile applications, data ex-filtration etc.
- Perform independent analysis of complex problems and distill relevant findings and root causes
- A broad and deep understanding of cyber-security threats, vulnerabilities, controls and remediation strategies in global enterprise environments
- Knowledge of technologies, systems and networks as well as typical gaps that could impact the ability of an organization to effectively detect and respond to cyber attacks
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative, and actionable manner
- Effectively influence others to modify their opinions, plans, or behaviors. Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple high visibility issues simultaneously
- Can-do attitude, seeking for improvement opportunities which can positively impact the security posture. 8+ years of experience in information security incident handling and/or security operations with security certifications (GIAC, CISSP, crest, etc.) a plus
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We passionately strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-PP1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.