Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
- You have led teams of 100+ people, and are able to marshal your team to meet extraordinary goals. You can recruit, hire, and coach people in your organization to become incredible leaders. You hold your team to high standards and are passionate about people development.
- You are someone with a strong customer obsession, experienced in process and product improvement to deliver outstanding results to a variety of internal and external customers.
- You’re data-driven, skilled in defining goals and achieving results, and you excel in an intense, dynamic work environment.
- You are tech-savvy and also work well across an organization, forming strong partnerships with internal stakeholders in Operations, Product, and Engineering teams and critical external third parties.
- You define metrics to measure performance, set goals for improvement in each area, and work with the responsible teams to systematically improve and sustain high performance.
- In this highly-visible role, you’ll be responsible for growing, managing, and reporting on both day-to-day operations and strategic projects that enable Convoy to scale.
- Hire, mentor and scale a high performing team that includes both strategic and operational functions.
- Develop a long term strategy for Convoy’s business process outsourcing across teams, providers, and countries.
- Define metrics in a rapidly growing and ambiguous environment and hold both internal and external teams accountable to results.
- Drive root-cause analysis of existing customer pain points in partnership with product and engineering teams.
- Foster a culture of process improvement and defect elimination to improve shipper and carrier experience.
- Partner with product and engineering to automate and simplify current manual business processes.
- Manage rhythm of the business, i.e., drive increased visibility for our leadership team into external partner business performance and opportunities for growth.
We are looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS with 9+ years of experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience building and scaling large-scale strategic and cross-functional programs from the ground-up.
- Experience developing and deploying organizational strategies and goals.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals.
- Strong ownership, bias for action, and willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’ve built and scaled high-functioning teams; great coach and mentor to the team.
- Passion and empathy for the customers you serve.
- Demonstrated track record of building and growing high-performance teams that can deliver results against multiple complex projects.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Strong deductive skills and data-driven orientation.
- Ability to influence without authority to partner with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a B2B environment with unique and varied customer needs.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!